1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Screwdriver

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by richinva, Aug 4, 2013.

1. richinva

richinva Tele-Meister

No, not the OJ kind....

I'm looking for a cordless screwdriver that can be charged in the car. It doesn't have to have a lot of power. This is primarily going to be used to spin screws on residential electrical panel covers.

Can't seem to locate any.......

Thanks.

2. Davecam48

Davecam48 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

You might have to get a small 12V-110V ac invertor and then power down with a regular drill and charger.

3. ApolloMike

ApolloMike Tele-Holic

Bosch PS21 and a power inverter.

4. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

I would think for that application, any modern lithium-ion powered driver would last for at least a week on a charge. Can't imagine needing to recharge it during the working day. Of course there's always those non-powered screwdrivers that spin by pushing down on the shaft

5. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity

My thoughts exactly
    I have one of these [​IMG]
    Actually mine has a wooden handle, looks nicer

6. richinva

richinva Tele-Meister

I actually have 2 of those. Great idea. I'll try it.

I'm not so much worried about a cordless drill losing charge during the day, I just want to be able to leave it in the vehicle and not have to think about taking it in and out of my office.

Simpler may be better, in this case.

Thanks, guys.

7. eggman

eggman Friend of Leo's

Howdy,

At LSU we thought a screwdriver was 2 parts Orange Juice and 16 parts Vodka!

8. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

Somewhat off topic...

This thread reminded me of a 3 year old kid I once had as a guitar student. Normally I don't take kids until they're 7 or 8 years old, but this little girl was the daughter of the guy who owned the music store where I was renting my teaching studio at the time.

The owner approached me and said he wanted me to give his 3 year old daughter guitar lessons. I explained that I normally didn't take students until they were 7 or 8. The owner said that he wanted her "off the store floor" for at least one hour, as he didn't have the ability to pay attention to her and run the store at the same time. He also said that if I agreed to teach her, I wouldn't have to pay rent anymore... Or, I could find someplace else to teach.

Pretty much an offer I couldn't refuse... :oops:

Fast forward a few weeks and I'm trying to show this little girl mini chords out of various "teaching guitar to kids" books that I was able to find... Her father had gotten her a little Mini-Strat and fitted it with decent tuners. She was actually a pretty good student, by far the best 3 year old I've ever taught.

I also discovered that the little girl, all of her older brothers and sisters, and their music store owner dad, they all had perfect pitch. :idea:

It came as somewhat of a revelation to me when I saw this 3 year old kid standing there, still in her training pants, trying to tune her little guitar, and then her 6 year old brother comes over and taunts her with, "That's B flat you big dummy!" :eek: :lol:

It was, in fact, B flat... :rolleyes:

Obviously this kid was special, as was her family, but on with my story...

My schedule usually had me teaching from 12 noon until close, and on the day I taught this little girl, she was my first student of the day. Her father would let her into my teaching studio around 10 am when they first got there, and she would sit in there waiting for me with her coloring books or playing guitar, safely removed from the main store area.

One day I came in to work, made my way back to the teaching studios, and when I opened the door to my studio, there was this little girl, sitting on the floor, with her Mini-Strat completely taken apart... As in, disassembled! :eek:

She had removed the strings, tuners, pickguard, and bridge assembly. If I had showed up 20 minutes later, she probably would have gotten the neck too. Remember this girl is 3, so she's verbal, but just barely...

I stood there in the doorway, somewhat in awe, not really understanding how this little girl was able to disassemble a Stratocaster all by herself. So I asked her, "How on God's green earth did you manage to take apart your guitar?"

To which she smiled, and while holding it up in her hand, proudly exclaimed:

"Screwdriver!"

:cool::cool::cool:

(One of the more memorable moments in my teaching career... :oops:)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  9. rz350

rz350 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Good thing it wasn't an ES-335, or she woulda needed a saw!!!:lol:;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.