1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Scientific Study by Scientists *Prove* Dogs Can Get Jealous!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by GeneB, Apr 10, 2021.

1. GeneB

GeneB Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Greggorios and Texicaster like this.
  2. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity

Well Duh! No doubt about it.

3. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

whats next...cats can be standoffish

Uncle Camus and theprofessor like this.
  4. theprofessor

theprofessor Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah, that's one of those things that I don't need scientific proof for, either way! If scientists told me that dogs couldn't get jealous, I'd say, "Poppycock!" (actually, I'd say something else in American) I have two black labs -- a mother and a daughter. They _definitely_ can get jealous!

5. Jim622

Jim622 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I want to know how do I get payed for one of these studies. I always thought a Beverly Hills Pet Psychiatrist would be a more than awesome job too.

6. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Look on the bright side, the study was funded by a measly four hundred thirty three million, six hundred thousand, eight hundred and elven dollars, and thirty six cents.

7. Greggorios

Greggorios Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Scientific Study:

Equipment and materials needed: 2 dogs, 1 dog treat.
    Process: Present Dog #1 with the dog treat. Stand back.
    Conclusion: Flying fur followed by a day of sulking by Dog #2.

8. g-Paul

g-Paul Tele-Holic

I think dogs get underestimated. I think of all the things they can do, yet they never seem to be in the conversation when scientists are rating animal intelligence. Just my impression...

9. Telekarster

Telekarster Tele-Afflicted

LOL!!! Wow... good thing we now have an official ruling! ;) My dogs are very attuned to which one gets more attn. than the other! When I brought the newest one home, the other one took one look at me seemingly to say "You mean he's staying here?" She turned and walked away from me, and wouldn't have a thing to do with me for 3 days! LOL!!! Funny as heck! :lol::lol::lol:

GeneB likes this.
  10. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Telefied Silver Supporter

Have a male dog now for a little over 13 years. At about age 3 we brought in a female dog to keep him company. He sulked, didn't pay us a lot of attention and definitely turned on the dominant male attitude. Female died a month ago and the male now has more energy, actually plays and pays attention to us, almost a totally different dog. Didn't need a study to tell me about them being jealous and pouty.

11. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

Domestic and wild animals are frequently studied for various reasons. We study the earth, the universe, plants, mammals, fossils, fish, etc. to better understand our world. Understanding what and why helps us with our present and helps us anticipate and shape our future.

My guess is that this was a legit study that was spun by MSN, or whatever outlet they got it from, to make it seem like a trivial exercise instead of supporting info on characteristics that inform:

- Recommending breeds for families with infants or young children that get attention.
    - Choosing breeds for service dogs, military dogs in groups, law enforcement animals that work together.
    - Etc.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.