Schumacher PT in a Sound City??? True identity???

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by Huddy, May 21, 2020.

1. Huddy

Huddy Tele-Holic

066F3466-92CF-4426-8C01-210B1B4BFD27.jpeg Can anyone identify this power transformer? It’s in a Sound City 50 Plus currently. Wondering what it could have come out of or what it was designed for.

606 is Schumacher and it’s got a black and white primary with the normal fender-y secondaries - no CT 6.3, yellow tapped off assuming that a 5v winding, two reds and a yellow with red stripe. The a bias tap that’s red with a blue stripe.

I’m getting ready to dig in with the multi-meter in a few. Hopefully I’ll have some more clues.

Thanks in advance!

2. Huddy

Huddy Tele-Holic

So I'm thinking this is a Deluxe Reverb power transformer - don't know how it was powering two el34s and 4 12ax7s.

3. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

measure the mounting bolt spacing, fairly easy to narrow down if it's a guitar amp trans with that.

4. Huddy

Huddy Tele-Holic

Well I was up pretty late last night googling and I’m all but certain it’s a Deluxe Reverb power transformer either 67 or 77. The 025130 is a fender part number. I’m not sure what the L denotes. Also disconnected it and sure enough it’s 370-0-370 @ 120 with a 50 volt bias tap. The other secondaries are 6.7 and 5.3 which are spot on unloaded.

the really odd thing is - when it was installed in the sound city amp - the HT winding was hooked up with the center tap and one side of the winding. The other end of the HT was just tapped off along with the 5v.

I’m kinda baffled by how the amp was working as it was.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.