1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Schecter PT Teles - anyone have experience with the many versions?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by THX1123, Apr 21, 2021.

1. THX1123

THX1123 Tele-Meister

I've recently been desiring a PT. A Black one with binding or even a Goldtop. I also want a 6-on-a-side headstock example. Saturn, PT, whatever the were called at the time.

It seems these guitars vary in quality and have been made in various places as the company's ownership has changed.

I'd really like a USA example, but they seem uncommon and kinda expensive. I'm inclined to want a Korean one over Chinese or Indonesian.

Anyone have experience with the different versions, and/or different Asian-made ones?

2. 63telemaster

63telemaster Tele-Meister

I bought a used US made all black PT back in the late '80s. Can't remember too much about it unfortunately apart from it being nice and light and great build quality which probably doesn't help you much. It had twin flat top humbuckers with various switching options via push/pull pots and a 3 way switch. Probably one of those guitars I should have kept.

3. TX_Slinger

TX_Slinger Tele-Meister

Have the Korean PT Fastback IIB. It's a wonderful guitar. A little on the heavy side (alder). Pickups are outstanding. Fit, finish, and fretwork were better than the last US Fender I bought.

4. richiek65

richiek65 Friend of Leo's

IMG_20210426_082546.jpg I had a Korean version back in the 90s. Pickups were meh... Easy fix though (I threw EMGs in mine, all the rage at the time) , rest of the guitar was sweet

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    RevBillyG likes this.
  5. Ed Driscoll

Ed Driscoll Tele-Afflicted

I've been tempted to buy one of the early versions, when they still had Telecaster-shaped headstocks. What is the weight like on them?

6. Cosmic Cowboy

Cosmic Cowboy Tele-Meister

This one has the P90 in the neck with the series/parrellel push-pull. Very good guitar. Lil bit heavy. I think its northern ash not swamp ash. But compared to the 2 LPs in this pic...its relatively light.
    FB_IMG_1586892060002.jpg

7. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I've owned a few low end PT's, and was very impressed with the build quality and hardware.

8. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I’ve never owned or played one, so I can’t help with that. I’m tagging along this thread because I like this:

CABCB8DE-FC26-4F43-AC4D-3D36CD1E3287.png

Ted Keane, richiek65 and Toadtele like this.
  9. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's

I have three S types...one fm S. Korea, the other two are fm Indonesia. They are all extremely well finished and are slick players as well. I'll probably get a PT in the future.

10. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Afflicted

My son's friend just bought one of these:

https://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/hellraiser-hybrid-pt-7-ultra-violet-detail

Wow.

Now, let me say, this is not my style, no desire to work stuff out on a 7 string, and I think the price is a little high for made in Korea.

But then again, not really. I could never make anything close to this for this price.

Maple set neck, 24 fret ebony board, mahogany body, carved top, satin finish on back of neck, and they are flawless.

I believe the Guitar Center coupons do NOT exclude Schecter guitars.

I didn't get a picture, this is a shot borrowed from the internet. The chameleon finish is better in person.

Screenshot_20210425-185640~2.png

Toadtele and stormsedge like this.
  11. TX_Slinger

TX_Slinger Tele-Meister

Emerald Green PT is best PT...

20201213_115335.jpg

Attached Files:

BorderRadio likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.