1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Schaller tuner bushing thread size?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by eallen, Apr 17, 2021.

1. eallen

eallen Friend of Leo's

I have a tuner that the bushing threads inside the tuner must be crossed a bit so bushings won't thread in.

If I can figure out how to disassembled the new version, old ones were easy, its not big deal and run a tap in to clean the threads up but they are differnt threads than any of my tap sets.

Calipers measure it at about a very fine m8x 60-ish?

Anyone know what the thread size is before I start buying wrong taps?

P.s. I know I could contact Schaller & Dr. Brunning is always happy to replace parts for me but I hate the wasted cost of shipping 1 tuner all the way from Germany for a thread.

I know @Ronkirn uses a bunch if these if he pops in.
    20210417_131327.jpg

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  2. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity

I don;t know the answer.. and to complicate things. Schaller reengineered them a couple of years ago, so if you have an earlier set a newer one may not fit.. From what I can see, that appears to be one of the newer type..

While it may take some time, Schaller is excellent about taking care of issues. If you contact them, let them know the problem, they may replace the whole set.

contact Alexandra Fries. [email protected]. or Dr Lars Buenning. [email protected].

r

3. eallen

eallen Friend of Leo's

It is one of the redesigned ones, which of the several sets I have gotten I like even better than the originals. Dr. Buenning is always great at taking care of things. They have replaced quite a few things over the years for me.

Have you taken any of these apart yet? They don't seem to have the same snap ring under the thumb lock as the original ones.

4. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity

nah, I haven't disassembled one of the new units.

r

eallen likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.