Schaller DaVinci tuner Finish not wonderful?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Archtop67, May 23, 2020.

1. Archtop67

Archtop67 TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Well today i opened up a box of nickel Schaller DaVinci tuners for a guitar im building and hmmm and i was not expecting them to have machining marks and maybe some pitting... is this normal? ive always seen schallers with meticulous finishes from old and have had them all so many instruments I played from oboe to saxophone to guitars! Im a violin/guitar luthier from many years ago but havent used them recently.. im doing a custom (not telecaster) Doublecut LP Jr with ghost pickup on neck under pickguard like n esquire has ( still deciding which pickup or how im going to wind..) for a client and decided these would be awesome .. anyway... i digress lol. my question is of the quality now of the schaller finishes!! these are not acceptable in my book!
    IMG_6129.jpeg

2. eallen

eallen Friend of Leo's

I would contact them and let them know! They are extremely good with customer service. Often the president Dr. Marrs Bruni ng will respond himself! I buy Schaller tuners regularly and they are top of the line and stand behind them as such.

Eric

3. Archtop67

ok i messaged them email... ive always liked schaller and respected them.. i was shocked these had the pitting and rough marks ...

4. Bergy

Bergy Tele-Holic

That doesn't seem right, I agree on contacting them. I actually emailed Schaller a couple weeks ago to see if they were planning on doing another run of the copper finish Da Vinci tuners (they aren't). I got a really quick response from them (Dr. Bruning, not Dr. Bruni this time, lol). Let us know what you discover, I was just about to buy some of the chrome ones...not if they look like that, though.

5. Archtop67

ok ill post my findings!

6. Archtop67

Schaller never contacted me back.... i still have them in a box.. was just reminded going through inventory...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.