Saw Marty Stuart and his Fabulous Superlatives last night

dhodgeh

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
Wow

Wasn't really expecting that. There were a few straight up country tunes, but the show was full of rockabilly/surf goodness.

I have a whole new level of respect now for Marty. Both he and Kenny Vaughn are monster players.

Get out and see the show if it comes around your part of the country.

D

jguitarman

Tele-Afflicted
One of my favorites. Saw them in Folsom a few years back and the were Great. I'd love to see them again.

Area8

TDPRI Member
Saw Marty in his tour with Roger McGuinn (Byrds) a couple years ago… great concert.
Kenny Vaughn wore what appeared to be a full-zoot Nudie suit. Great playing.

brindlepicker

Tele-Meister
Waiting for him to come around.Great show.When I saw him years ago he took off on a few great solo runs that had his band members turning their heads and look at each other.

sammy123

Tele-Meister
I took my wife a few years back. She had never heard of him and she really enjoyed it. I did too. I never really ever listened to him, only heard interviews. It was really great.

gridlock

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I’m not a Country Music fan, but back almost 20 years ago, my girlfriend at the time, won two Marty Stuart tickets. I wasn’t thrilled about going to the concert, but I was glad that I did. What great musicians, I thoroughly enjoyed the concert. Marty’s Lead Guitar play was very talented and his Telecaster sounded so good.

I actually went out shortly afterwards, and bought my first Telecaster.