saw mötley crüe last night

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by eddiewagner, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Ivan

Ivan Tele-Holic

I actually just started reading the book Dirt.
    Very enjoyable and love the fact that they have no problems presenting themselves as truly horrible people with no redeeming features!

2. trailboss

trailboss Tele-Meister

I've always dug Mick. Back when everybody was trying to sound like EVH, Lynch, or Vai, Mick was doing his own thing. I think he's a very underrated rhythm player, and also good at overlaying multiple layers of guitar tracks with the sound effects, etc.

3. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Over a weekend roadtrip, my 12 year old decided to play nothing but the crue on his ipod running thru the car stereo. Damn, i did something right with that kid!

4. eddiewagner

eddiewagner Poster Extraordinaire

the crüe-guys must do something right. they have an audience from 6 to 60 year old folks and lots of girls in that crowd.....

5. casterway

casterway Friend of Leo's

Why don't I have umlauts on my keyboard??

6. Scott V

Scott V Tele-Holic

I also dig Mick's playing, and I would love to have one of those Kramer hot-rod Tele's like he played. The man obviously has style!

7. zombywoof

zombywoof Friend of Leo's

There seems to be this thing going around with folks saying they saw a band that was not really their cup of tea but they found themselves enjoying anyway.

Nostalgia - could be? Maybe simply closet fans coming out. Possible

Back in the 1960s, I would not be caught dead going to a Monkees show. Yet I really did like some of their songs - "Last Train to Clarksville," "Stepping Stone," "Mary Mary" and so on. Just would not admit it even after Butterfield (who was decidedly cool) recorded "Mary Mary."
    Then in the 1980s I went to see a "reunion" show at a state fair. Had myself a blast.

Given a choice between the Crue and the Monkees, however, I am going to see the Prefab Four.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.