Saw Jonny Lang (again) last night... (Sept 2019)

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by ruger9, Sep 20, 2019.

1. ruger9

ruger9 Poster Extraordinaire

38 year old kid has more more soul and connection to the music than most these days. And I say "kid" because he still looks young enough to be carded to buy alcohol! :lol: But he's beyond the guitar "being an appendage"... it's like he's possessed by the spirit! Bonamassa gets flak for making guitar faces... Jonny makes guitar BODY lol... and I don't think he could play any other way if he tried.

But seriously, Jonny was as good as ever... I didn't think his band was as good on this tour as in previous years... still has Barry Alexander on drums and the bass player I didn't recognize but I did recognize his name, pretty sure he's the guy on the "Live at the Ryman" show....

I see Jonny has a new guitar- a 335.
    Also- BIG NEWS for us gear geeks- NEW PICKUPS in his OLD #1.

No more Bill Lawrence, after all these years!!! 2 PAFs of some kind, individual pole pieces is why I noticed. He used the bridge and neck all night.

On his Les Paul he used the bridge, and the middle once when they stretched out on "Rack 'Em Up" (the stretching out part of the show wasn't as good as last year's "Angel of Mercy", but it was good... very JAZZY, actually....)

2. Deebs3

Deebs3 Tele-Meister

Great to hear, I saw him 20 years ago ago. Great gig.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.