Saw Bonnie Raitt on a Saturday morning show.

loudboy

Tele-Afflicted
Sorry - I can't play this - I would be in tears after 20 seconds! It is pure emotion...
We played this, and our singer did a very nice job with it.

We were playing a bar gig, and during this number, a guy came up to the stage and was trying to talk to our singer, pulling on her pant leg, etc.

Finally, we get to the piano break, and she's like "What?" He says, in a really loud voice - "Do you guys play any Ozzy?"

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
One of the best female singers in rock and blues (and pop and country, for that matter…let’s just call it “Americana”)…and an instantly identifiable guitar tone when she plays (one of my favorite stylists in her genre)…great live performer and a great supporting/backup to other players, too.

Playing with the sometimes-inscrutable John Lee Hooker:

And backing up Buddy Guy on the sexiest song ever written about hurricanes…

saltyseadog

Tele-Holic
I have been a fan of Bonnie Rait since the 70's. I think she is one of those artists who release an album with 3-5 really good tracks but the others although being good songs never really catch the ear. As a live act though she is/was a great show. I have bought several of her albums over the decades and the one that is by far my favourite is the live album Road Tested from 1995, just a great live album which shows her at her best and which I still play often.

P Thought

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I'd like to see her sometime. I've been a casual fan of hers since I first heard of her, probably here. Her dad is one of the few famous-ish alumni of my alma mater, so, you know.

DekeDog

Tele-Afflicted
Saw Bonnie and Lucinda Williams last night in Columbia, SC. Both had their own bands and each played for an hour, Lucinda opening, with an almost 30 minute intermission to change sets. Both were fabulous.

For those interested, Lucinda's stroke left her with her left side affected, so she had trouble walking and using her left hand, so playing guitar was out. Otherwise, she seemed like her old self. Doug Pettibone was with her. He has shaped so much of her band's sound through the years, and he was excellent.

Bonnie did mostly old stuff with around three songs from her new release, which were mid to slow tempo and beautifully melodic. She sounded much like she does on her albums, but her band put their own stamp on her songs. Did a lot of songs, most lasting not much more than three or four minutes each.

IMG_2460.jpg