Saw Bonnie Raitt on a Saturday morning show.

OmegaWoods

Tele-Afflicted
My wife likes to pick up $1 CDs at the local thrift shop. One of them was a Bonnie two-pack and I took it along with me last week on a driving trip. It was great to re-connect with some great songs and discover several more. Bonnie ROCKS!

2HBStrat

Friend of Leo's
I've been a Bonnie Raitt fan forever. She started out straight blues then had a pop hit (and Grammies) with "Something to Talk About" which still has one foot in the blues. Her new stuff is still in that vein. It was good to see her on Saturday Morning. She sounded and looked great!

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member

raysachs

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Man, I've been into Bonnie about as long as I can remember. I saw her first in the mid-70s, saw her through the 80s, including in some really dumpy venues when she was drinking and got dumped by her label, saw her during her big resurgence at the end of the 80's into the 90s. Saw her most recently 2-3 years before the pandemic, with Richard Thompson opening, and of course he came out and sang Dimming of the Day with her. I think she may be the best ballad singer of her generation, and her blues singing and slide playing is also wonderful. And, yeah, she sounded great on Saturday morning too. She's like a lot of musicians who are 10-15 years older than me who I've basically been listening to since my teens and they've just been there my whole life. I really fully appreciate Bonnie, but she's always been there, so in a sense I probably take her for granted a little bit too. But I'll miss her if she ever hangs it up. Doesn't sound like she's gonna as long as she can still sing and play...

She's one of the few musicians that my wife and I are both VERY into, so we've gone to see her whenever she was around...

-Ray

jrblue

Friend of Leo's
The guitar was tasty and I just love how her voice has matured
Matured? She's in her 70s. Her voice has been deep and throaty for maybe the last 4 decades. Her distinctive slide playing is much praised for expression and vocal quality over flash. I'm not even a fan, particularly, and I know this stuff. What Sat. AM show was she on? Cartoons?

richiek65

Poster Extraordinaire
I would call this "tasteful". She isn't much for 5-minute slide solos. But when she plays slide, it is magical. I really like her work on her old Nationals. She is probably my favorite slide player - mostly for her technique and tastefulness.

Her solo in this is the epitome of "taste" go to 1.30

Last edited:

Vibroluxer

Tele-Holic
Matured? She's in her 70s. Her voice has been deep and throaty for maybe the last 4 decades. Her distinctive slide playing is much praised for expression and vocal quality over flash. I'm not even a fan, particularly, and I know this stuff. What Sat. AM show was she on? Cartoons?
Just my opinion. 😎

richiek65

Poster Extraordinaire
Her "Love Me Like A Man" from her early "Give It Up" album is as fine an acoustic blues as you can hear.
Used to play in a band with 2 female back up singers and they'd come down the front and sing Love Me Like a Man as a spotlight for them. One of them had a Bonny-esque voice and the other sang harmonies like a bird, together they were great and the song (almost unknown down here) would always knock the crowd over. Got a desk mix of it somewhere but I'm not techy enough to upload it

We also did this one

Last edited:

Boxla

Tele-Holic
you may enjoy this sweet track she did with Toots for his album of the same name. Although, his track with Willie was the best. A remake of Still is Still Moving to Me