Saw Bonnie Raitt on a Saturday morning show.

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I guess they dont do it here. Just a CBS local station show is on now at 8 am. Then other things.

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Got tickets to see Bonnie in Columbia, SC in a couple of weeks. Apparently, Lucinda Williams will be with her. As many times as I've tried to see Bonnie, I've never gotten to. This will be a treat. Been a fan for a long time. Fabulous Blues interpreter and great slide guitarist.
For me that's a dream bill, Bonnie and Lucinda. You're in for a treat man!

xStonr

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
The first time I saw Bonnie was in 1972 at some school in Trenton. I remember paying 50 cents and she played in a very small theater, maybe even a classroom. Maybe 50 people there sitting in folding chairs. I did see her open for the Allmans a few years later.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Been a fan since the mid-'70s. "Sweet Forgiveness" was the first album of hers I got, and it set the hook deep. It's still my favorite in her catalog. After she won a Grammy, she got overproduced and it lost something IMHO. That happens to a lot of performers (BB King, EC, etc.). The only thing I love more than her voice is her slide.

Here's 2 of my all-time favorites teamed up (Prine wrote the song):

Finally got a chance to see her live about 4 years ago. After she did "Angel from Montgomery," I told the wife I got what I came for ... She's back in our little hamlet in August, but tickets start north of $100 for the cheap seats. I think a lot of people want to see her before she hangs up her spurs, hence the high ticket price. We won't be going this time.

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I'm still not going to shows, as I still don't want to stand shoulder to shoulder with a thousand other air-breathing mammals, so...

It was agonizing to avoid the the trip to either Syracuse or Rochester, NY to see her two shows there WITH NRBQ OPENING! NRBQ is on my before-I-leave bucket list and I've never seen Bonnie.

Andy B

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
First discovered Bonnie in the early ‘70’s in New York where she opened for blues players like Lightning Hopkins. We have been fans ever since.

Reactions: BB

BB

Poster Extraordinaire
I've seen Bonnie at least 7 times over the years.....mostly in the 70's-80's. Every show was simply amazing.

Like Delbert McClinton, she is a national treasure in my book.

StrangerNY

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I would call this "tasteful". She isn't much for 5-minute slide solos. But when she plays slide, it is magical. I really like her work on her old Nationals. She is probably my favorite slide player - mostly for her technique and tastefulness.

She picked up a lot of cues from Lowell George for her slide work.

The tone of her guitar on this INXS cover is about as greazy as you can get.

- D

StrangerNY

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Last edited: