Saw Bonnie Raitt on a Saturday morning show.

Vibroluxer

Tele-Afflicted
Ive never really been a fan. Though I appreciate her slide playing I just never liked it or the tone of her voice. But today I was nearly blown away. The guitar was tasty and I just love how her voice has matured. It was very refreshing to hear an older woman singing real rock. Id call the elder stateswoman of rock.

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
I like Concrete Blonde for exactly the same reason.
I'm not even sure who Bonnie Raitt is but I understand what you're saying.
We saw Johnette and Co in 2016, and it was a top fiver all time for me. Her voice is still a cannon, sounds better if anything. Opened up with a pounding cover of "Beds are Burning," had the crowd from jump. Total pro.

I heard a few numbers from Bonnie when she played the after-race show for Bay to Breakers, 2002 or 2003. I was gassed and bailed, but she sounded great.

You can put Hynde on that list too.

Boreas

Poster Extraordinaire
Ive never really been a fan. Though I appreciate her slide playing I just never liked it or the tone of her voice. But today I was nearly blown away. The guitar was tasty and I just love how her voice has matured. It was very refreshing to hear an older woman singing real rock. Id call the elder stateswoman of rock.
Check out the rest of her catalog. I would say she is much more in the blues genre instead of rock. She has also worked with many well-known artists. And her dad was John Raitt who was a Broadway star.

Boreas

Poster Extraordinaire
Bonnie is an excellent slide player, she just doesn’t choose to show it very often.
I would call this "tasteful". She isn't much for 5-minute slide solos. But when she plays slide, it is magical. I really like her work on her old Nationals. She is probably my favorite slide player - mostly for her technique and tastefulness.

nickmsmith

Tele-Holic
She’s in Nashville this weekend.. but 60 bucks plus fees, plus gas prices for a ~5 hour round trip.. don’t think I can swing that

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
That 2nd song today ( on CBS) was definitely a Stone-sy one.

Notice, she has a rack w/boost/compression ( assume), but NO pedals on the floor

Saw her in College 1977 with a real ' take no prisoners!' band ( the Give it Up/Home Plate years...)
Yep Home Plate was great. That's about when I got into her music.... mid 70's. She's so smooooth... Does great covers too..
It was a competition for my heart between her or Linda doing "Love Has No Pride"!

DekeDog

Tele-Afflicted
Got tickets to see Bonnie in Columbia, SC in a couple of weeks. Apparently, Lucinda Williams will be with her. As many times as I've tried to see Bonnie, I've never gotten to. This will be a treat. Been a fan for a long time. Fabulous Blues interpreter and great slide guitarist.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Yep Home Plate was great. That's about when I got into her music.... mid 70's. She's so smooooth... Does great covers too..
It was a competition for my heart between her or Linda doing "Love Has No Pride"!

My wife is a Bonnie Raitt and John Prine nut!
She plays their music at home just about every day.

wrathfuldeity

Tele-Afflicted
Saw her a couple of times back in the 70's in that tiny blues bar; been a fan ever since. Very tasteful blend of folk, blues and country.

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
That 2nd song today ( on CBS) was definitely a Stone-sy one.

Notice, she has a rack w/boost/compression ( assume), but NO pedals on the floor

Saw her in College 1977 with a real ' take no prisoners!' band ( the Give it Up/Home Plate years...)
What show was she on? I was hoping to catch here on the left coast but I dont see anything it might be...?