Saw Avengers: Endgame last night.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, May 3, 2019.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Those cerebral types who eschew television need not apply, you probably wouldn't like it. For the other 99% of the old guys who are still kids at heart, you will probably love it. No spoilers it's too new for that. Our friend couldn't make it that I had previously mentioned would be going with my son and I to see the movie with us. Instead of him joining us for dinner, my lovely wife and I met with my son for dinner, she drove home alone, and my son brought me home after the movie.

Since I have seen so many Iron Man movies, and the others of that genre, I was deeply affected by the ending of the movie. So much so, that I woke up thinking about it last night after I had gone to bed. The previous Avengers movie Infinity War is a must see requirement before watching Endgame. Truly almost all of the movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) series of movies, and there are twenty one of them lead up to the culmination of the series in Endgame.

I'm not sure where they can go from here, I'm sure they'll think of something. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie more so since I saw it with my son, and in Imax. If you like the series then by all means, this is a must see for you.

2. OttoCorrect

OttoCorrect Tele-Meister

I saw it Tuesday. For me it was kind of a mixed bag. Some things I thought were clever and well done, some other choices seemed like they really could have been handled better. And the whole final battle lacked the creative visual approach of earlier movies. It was just a big gloomy looking blah for me especially when compared with the vivid sequences of the first two Avengers.

But any complaints I might have are basically moot. This is already, by a substantial margin, going to be one of the most successful movies of all time. If I didn’t like some things, a 1.2 billion dollar opening weekend tells everyone involved that plenty of other people liked it all just fine.

fendertx and Toto'sDad like this.
  3. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

I hate TV. I loved it. I was way off on my classic rock song predictions. Oh well.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  4. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

There is a lot of material they can mine for stories.

My prediction is that they will continue to make Mary Sue-ish and PC missteps since that's kind of a Disney thing now in their franchises. The movies will go big on CGI and light on story. They'll also try to capture the Chinese market by using weird, out-of-place, story lines.

Believer, Hawking and Toto'sDad like this.
  5. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.
    Were there a few obvious plot holes? Yes, but its a comic book movie.

Just turn off your "adult" brain and let the imaginative little kid inside drive for 3 hours:D

Toto'sDad likes this.
  6. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Poster Extraordinaire

I'm a huge comic book fan, I saw it Wed night, I loved it. The inherent weaknesses of the genre never bothered me. It's like complaining that a Tele is too trebly. The heroes are all looking older, aren't they? It was nice to see Red Skull put in a cameo.

avengers.jpg

Moriarty, fendertx and Toto'sDad like this.
  7. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Don't spoil it for me but do they fight? Not sure if they have battles in comic book movies or not. ;)

I plan on watching this with my kid at home at some point but we still have quite a few of the previous movies to catch up on.

I liked the comic book movies when they came out, then got to the point I hated them cause they were churning them out so fast, now I'm coming back around.

We need to watch Age of Ultron & Infinity War & Black Panther first.

I would LOL if they made an entire movie with no fighting. Like Tony & Pepper in a Rom-Com where no baddies appear and Tony Stark never needs to be Iron Man. Or a movie about Steve Rogers going on awkward first dates.

Grant Austin, Moriarty and 6String69 like this.
  8. John Nicholas

John Nicholas Friend of Leo's

Now these i would definitely watch!! :lol::lol:

Mad Kiwi and Toto'sDad like this.
  9. WireLine

WireLine Tele-Afflicted

We’ve seen the previous 2, plus the Guardians flicks and one Iron Man...And still had no clue who half those people were. The number of people to remember should never be longer than the ending credits

Milspec and Toto'sDad like this.
  10. Toto'sDad

There is a bunch of 'em.

11. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

Toto'sDad likes this.
  12. Miguel-martinez

Miguel-martinez TDPRI Member

To be honest the movie lost me some times, it is slow on some parts, a joke here and there can save it, but the final fight was amazing, really enjoyed the movie, I saw infinity war 2 times, dont think I'll do the same with endgame.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  13. OttoCorrect

OttoCorrect Tele-Meister

Can we talk spoilers? I’m gonna go into spoilers territory now....

Spoilers! You’ve been warned!

So, here’s a couple of things that seemed kinda dumb to me:

First: Thanos’ snap destroyed half of all life on Earth, right? So in practice that leaves between 3-4 billion people still alive. 3-4 Billion. With a B. That’s basically the population of the earth in the late 50’s, so why does the movie act like EVERYONE but the Avengers are dead? Seriously, Cap is meeting with like three people at an empty Mets stadium and the camera pans over an uninhabited NYC like everyone is gone? I’m pretty sure NYC in the 50’s still had plenty of people in it! Where are they? Hulk undoes the snap and the proof the movie shows us is that Hawkeye opens a window and now there’s birds on a tree? Shouldn’t half the birds being gone mean that there’s still millions if not billions of birds left? Why does this movie treat half of life being gone like only the Avengers and about 10 total extras are all that’s left?

Second thing that bugged me, the Girl Power moment when all the Marvel women show up in front of Captain Marvel to help her get the football into the endzone, I mean Infinity Gauntlet to wherever it needed to go. I’m certainly not against having a moment that celebrates the female characters in these films, and that exact thing was tastefully done in Infinity War’s final battle, but in Endgame couldn’t we have it be less silly and unnecessary? They just showed Captain Marvel completely destroying Thanos’ massive spaceship by FLYING THROUGH IT WITH HER BODY, and now she needs help on the ground from a bunch of women who are basically good at fighting but that’s it? She can’t just fly over the battlefield now that she’s literally just cleared the skies of the enemy threat? It’s like Superman landing and asking a swat team to help him clear a path. We all know he doesn’t need the help.

Okay, I’ll stop now.

Believer, bgmacaw, Hawking and 3 others like this.
  14. Toto'sDad

You just had to go and:

[​IMG]

15. stephent2

stephent2 Poster Extraordinaire

I saw it at the theater but I'm going to watch Infinity War (netflix) again on the evil/stupid TV in my living room today.

I have downtime, my back's out so it's ice and Infinity War. Someone suggested a review to help w/ viewing Endgame.

fendertx likes this.
  16. OttoCorrect

OttoCorrect Tele-Meister

Are people who haven’t seen the movie yet really reading this thread?

Hawking and Toto'sDad like this.
  17. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy Tele-Afflicted

I haven't seen the previous one so I don't want to watch Endgame until Infinity War appears on cable.

18. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I haven't seen it, haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy, Haven't seen Age of Ultron, Captain Marvel, Black Panther.

I could care less about spoilers. I know the plot of all of these. They're going to fight for 75% of the movie and resolve nothing but cause a ton of colateral damage.

The best Super Hero movies are:
    - The Incredibles & Incredibles 2 - By a huge margin
    - Civil War
    - Superman vs Batman (even though it sucked too, I can barely remember it)

Because those the movies that most closely address the issue of Super heros pretty much sucking and being the equivalent of constantly having WWIII if they are not kept in control.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  19. Toto'sDad

Thousands perhaps millions!

Chunkocaster likes this.
  20. stephent2

stephent2 Poster Extraordinaire

can only speak for myself but yes. I did keep myself from reading spoilers. it can be done.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.