1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Saw a mint 2015 USA Les Paul Jr. Stunning! And not in a good way.

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by AZkoaMan, Jul 2, 2017.

1. jimash

jimash Friend of Leo's

The zero fret nut is a good idea.
    But its so ugly.

2. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

My beloved Jr is a 2013 and it is a spanky punchy thing of pure joy. I had a LP Jr and I thought it was very nice but I think the SG Juniors are much more lively; it might be the thinner body.

If the 2015's are bad then I'd avoid them. Juniors in general are awesome. They are so simple but they have so much tone going on. If you don't feel like an excited teenager when you play a Jr then you should check your pulse (you might be dead or something). ;)

Rawk that canoe paddle!

[​IMG]

StrangerNY likes this.
  3. wyclif

wyclif Tele-Afflicted

This is essentially why they haven't caught on. Even I can admit they are technically an improvement, but there's something to be said for design elegance, and having a nut and a zero fret makes the neck look ugly IMO.

4. TimothyC

TimothyC Tele-Afflicted

I wouldnt mind grabbing a cherry one too. Easily the best playing guitar I own. Action is perfect. Neck shape is great for me, its the fastest playing guitar I own. Finish was flawless besides the bruises from many a smokey bars. Easily the most resonant. Titanium nut works great, robo tuners are big meh from me, but the guitar itself is the best purchase Ive made gear wise in a long time.
    20170708_010727.jpg

studio1087, jimash and Darkness like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.