Sansamp on a board question.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by dlew919, May 16, 2021.

1. dlew919

dlew919 Doctor of Teleocity

So I have a regular gig at an open mic night weekly. To lighten the load, instead of an amp, I used my sansamp last week with a board in front of it. Worked really well.

reading the sansamp manual, it suggests you can have some effects before and some after. Filtering, fuzz and Compressor before, delay, chorus and reverb after.

I’m going to build a board following these. One question for those who’ve done this?

Where might overdrive and distortion go? I’m thinking before. But does it work better after?

thanks in advance!

2. MLHull

MLHull Tele-Meister

Before is the normal placement, but try it both ways then decide where it works for you.

dlew919 likes this.
  3. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

GT-2 sansamp?

I run dirt into delay or flange but never put delay after the GT-2 putting out a line level signal.
    Could work I guess and your ears will tell you if it sounds bad.
    I prefer higher voltage BBD fx that handle a bigger signal without the chips making mud out of the input.

northernguitar and dlew919 like this.
  4. dlew919

dlew919 Doctor of Teleocity

Yes gt2. Thanks!

5. lefty73

lefty73 Tele-Afflicted

Remember that this is your "amp", so ideally put any fuzz/OD/dist before the "amp", as you would in the real world. That said, because there are almost no rules, experiment with a light drive after the "amp" as a boost, or to add a few more colors to the tone that could make things interesting.

For years I ran a Tech 21 Tri-AC at the center of my rig. Dirt before, delay and reverb after. Output of reverb into a Behringer Ultra-G DI (the red one with "4x12 cab sim") to connect to whatever I needed to - DAW, mixing board, PA/FoH... No issues (for me) running standard stomps into the DI.

dlew919 likes this.
  6. RockinforJesus

RockinforJesus Tele-Meister

Compressor>Stage 1 OD>Stage 2 OD>Preamp>Volume>Boost>Delay>Reverb>DI Box (stereo outs)
    BDE7C78A-A5EB-458C-9905-8E511C73886D.jpeg

7. 63telemaster

63telemaster Tele-Meister

I used a JD10 Sessionmaster (preamp with speaker sim) for years on my pedalboard. Always last pedal in the chain before the desk.

8. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Poster Extraordinaire

The way I ran it on my Peavey Bandit 65 (clean channel) was to place any comp, OD or distortion before the amp. The Sansamp would go in the effects loop followed by a delay or tremolo pedal. The amp would supply the spring reverb.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.