1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

San Francisco Bay Area: Finally Rain, and Snow

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ping-ping-clicka, Jan 27, 2021.

1. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Experiencing a long West / South Western drought the rain is a welcome stranger.
    Snow fall in the upper areas Mount Diablo Mount Tamaulipas and the Berkeley Hills, the Snow being a very rare occurrence.

Attached Files:

2. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

3. Stanford Guitar

Stanford Guitar Tele-Afflicted

Hell yeah! Friend up in Tahoe said they are expecting 10ft of snow!

4. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I read that in the news and thought it must be a misprint. Ten feet??

5. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

When I was a kid living in Tahoe, we had multiple times that we had storms and had to go out the second story to get to clear it... It will be so exciting!

6. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire

Placer county got hit hard rain and strong wind (fence is down) yeah we need the rain myself can't wait for those 100˚ days . Mt. Tam living 37 years in Marin seen snow on Tam many times

getbent likes this.
  7. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Beware of impending avalanches and mudslides.:eek:

8. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

It turned off cold here today, it was somewhere between thirty five below, and well maybe sixty degrees F. Probably a little closer to the sixty. The wind started blowing last night, and continued on through the day. Gusting to thirty, thirty five mile an hour. Neither sleet nor snow can deter me and little Alex from our walk though. I put a sweater and a jacket on me and him both, and we let momma sit this one out. We took our walk, and I realized that I didn't need near as many clothes as I had on, but at least I was warm. Momma fixed us a nice pot roast to enjoy when we finished our walk. Well, actually she had started early in the afternoon, but it sure hit the spot when we came home. We have experienced torrential rains up to as much as nine hundredths of an inch! The snow looked like it was down to about twenty five hundred feet on the mountains to the east of us, that's where most of our water comes from is the snowpack.

Fretting out likes this.
  9. RobRiggs

RobRiggs Tele-Meister

I was on the road most of the day, from Santa Rosa to San Jose. Wrong day to make sales calls :rolleyes:

DDickens and getbent like this.
  10. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

The wind broke open my old door here in Sonoma county, it took three pieces of furniture to keep it shut.
    And all the rain to go with that wind. Surprised the power didn't go out. Way to go PG&E. What a thankless job.

11. DDickens

DDickens Tele-Meister

Great to have the rain. The wind was ludicrous. Blew down my kid’s bird feeder. Any Bay Area folks remember that massive weeks-long rainfall in 2017?

RobRiggs and getbent like this.
  12. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

We had a four hour outage at the house, the ranch has been out since yesterday, at work we had an 11 hour outage... made for a pretty crummy morning... so not quite ready to don my cheerleader outfit for them just yet.

So far, so good, tonight.

13. Stanford Guitar

Stanford Guitar Tele-Afflicted

I have a massive Canary Date Palm in my back yard that drops fronds that are more like weapons. I'm so glad I just had this thing trimmed! All those brown fronds could have been projectiles! E62DA9A0-25A9-4B6D-86DE-0D7C4707B200_1_105_c.jpeg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.