Samsung is releasing a guitar with LED guide lights on its fretboard

wacolo

Tele-Afflicted
Someone beat them to it by a few years. I believe these were produced in the mid 90s. I always wondered what happened if the bulbs started going bad.

1641385146549.png

billy logan

Tele-Holic
The LED's in the fretboard could also serve as fret-marker dots that move up, e.g., 4 frets when you capo at the 4rd fret?

Samsung C-Lab <that's one of the links in Tele-friends OP #1. When I tried it it said "please use Google Chrome" but it came through anyway, but so slow and buffer-y I gave up.

Timbresmith1

Friend of Leo's

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I'm waiting for the stringless 'touchpad' guitar..... with electronic tremelo please! No tuning, no weight of tremelo device, unlimited 'bending', no changing strings , no pickups, no worn frets.

ChicknPickn

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Someone beat them to it by a few years. I believe these were produced in the mid 90s. I always wondered what happened if the bulbs started going bad.

View attachment 936820
True confessions . . . . I got one of these. The guitar itself was not bad, but the concept was a flop. They hoped to sell songs in digital format so that you could learn by looking at the lights. But you know what? When your hands are on the fretboard and you're standing or sitting with correct posture, you CAN'T SEE THE FLIPPIN' LEDS!!!!! Which sort of defeats the whole purpose.

stxrus

Poster Extraordinaire
I used a white paint pen to highlight the side markers on my old LP Special. They were almost invisible on a dark stage

I remember the Fretlight. When it came out I fondly thought of PT Barnum

ChicknPickn

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I used a white paint pen to highlight the side markers on my old LP Special. They were almost invisible on a dark stage

I remember the Fretlight. When it came out I fondly thought of PT Barnum
Yeah, but hope springs eternal. 🤪

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Holic
Samsung will use the app to gather the data from everyone's playing to feed into an AI ultra guitarist bot.
Then we'll all be out of a job in couple of years time.
If I get my hands on one of these I'm only ever going to play the theme tune from Bonanza.

...anyway, must dash, the turkey is ready and I need the tinfoil for my hat...

rz350

Friend of Leo's
Samsung will use the app to gather the data from everyone's playing to feed into an AI ultra guitarist bot.
Then we'll all be out of a job in couple of years time.
If I get my hands on one of these I'm only ever going to play the theme tune from Bonanza.

...anyway, must dash, the turkey is ready and I need the tinfoil for my hat...

LOL!!!! :)