Salvation. And Sin. The Georgia Satellites.

Geoff738

Poster Extraordinaire
If there's one quibble about the record it's the lead snare. It must be at least 5 db louder than everything else. Which might not be a problem, but the snare sound kinda sux. I wanna hear the crack of the stick hitting the skin and the meat on the bottom. Here I mainly hear the 1k-ish pop and not much else. Far too loud. YMMV. But it bugs me enough that I may drag it into Logic and fix it.

Also, I saw the Satellites on this tour. I blame my tinnitus pretty much down to that show. It was insanely loud.

Cheers,
Geoff

kplamann

Tele-Afflicted
If there's one quibble about the record it's the lead snare. It must be at least 5 db louder than everything else. Which might not be a problem, but the snare sound kinda sux. I wanna hear the crack of the stick hitting the skin and the meat on the bottom. Here I mainly hear the 1k-ish pop and not much else. Far too loud. YMMV. But it bugs me enough that I may drag it into Logic and fix it.

Also, I saw the Satellites on this tour. I blame my tinnitus pretty much down to that show. It was insanely loud.

Cheers,
Geoff

I am sitting here in front of my DAW with good monitors and I have pulled up the volume. In the exact moment when your message came up I thought to myself, great music, but boy, this snare sound is annoying... :oops:

[Edit - didn't realise this is a zombie thread. Sorry. Still the snare is annoying.]