1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Saga Gladiator telecaster

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by brianbanjos, Dec 21, 2014.

1. brianbanjos

brianbanjos TDPRI Member

Just picked up a Saga Gladiator GL-221 in "vintage green". Seems to be pretty high quality. I'd put it on a par with the MIM telecasters I've had. Only downside is it's pretty hefty. Nice ashtray bridge, vintage style saddles, Kluson style tuners, String Through full size Ash body, Wilkinson pickips, bone nut, three ply pickguard, whats not to like? Goofy name but sounds great and the factory setup is actually pretty good.

Attached Files:

• G4.jpg
      G4.jpg
      File size:
      17.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Brian J.

Brian J. Tele-Afflicted

love the colour

3. LeftyAl

LeftyAl Friend of Leo's

Where do you get those? Was It a kit? Like the color .Headstock not bad either.

4. Doug 54

Doug 54 Poster Extraordinaire

A few yrs ago I remember GP mag doing a review of this gtr and getting great reviews,
    but never once saw one in person

5. brianbanjos

brianbanjos TDPRI Member

http://www.sagamusic.com/products/show-guitars.aspx?brand=gladiator

Not a kit although Saga offers a kit. The kit is very different and pretty cheaply made from the one I've seen. This is a whole different animal.

They also have a cheaper tele clone with a basswood body and generic parts. I tried one in Fiesta red. It was ok for $170 but the better one is well...just better. This was $290 out the door.

I got mine at Musica in Hudson NY.

6. davenumber2

davenumber2 Friend of Leo's

Very nice tele. I bought a white Gladiator LP Jr a few years ago that I just refinished, rewired put on a Wilkinson bridge and a Buddha P90. This thing rocks. They don't sell them anymore, rumor is that they were shut down by Gibson. ImageUploadedByTDPRI1419206035.430490.jpg The quality was pretty good stock but I wanted a project.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.