Okay, I started to open up a new thread NTD--New Tool Day, cuz I ordered one of these gidgets all the way from frozen Canuckistan. It's a beauty, eh? I'm sure most of you will recognize it as a fret wire bender. Nicely machined, all brass and aluminum (hard steel wheels for the bendy parts), polished up and all shiny. Reasonably priced for nice work, I couldn't stop myself. The one I built gave me two guitars, then the rubber wheels started to deteriorate, the adjusting mechanism wasn't very precise, so it was time to step up. Fret wire is no fragile pansy-wansy stuff, it needs a stern, hard hand to force it into shape, and I think this tool is the one to do it. So I unpacked it, ooh-ed and ahh-ed over it, bored my wife pointing out the finer details of it while she was trying to make dinner And then took it to the basement to put it in my luthier's tool cabinet. I try to keep my luthier tools separated and organized in a separate place so I can find them. Whoa! Wait a minute. Did I say "organized?" I could hear the poor little fret-bender quaking in the box whimpering "no, not in that mess, please!" Also, this was around the time John Nicholas started his shop-update and organizing thread, and suddenly, this mess made me kind of ashamed. This is nuts. So inspired by the need for a nice home for my new fret bender, John Nicholas' thread, and a YouTube video I'd recently seen by Jeremy Schmidt on his concrete-topped workbench with drawers, I decided to make a saddle cabinet for this cabinet--lots of drawers to organize and have a place for everything. Here's a link to the inspiration for the construction details of the cabinet. The bench top part is interesting, but I'm not looking to do anything like that for now. There are links for his intro to the project, which pretty much explains it, then a longer build thread where you can see how he actually did it. Pretty interesting project, and one of the best features is it eliminates the need to buy metal ball bearing slides, and the drawers are scalable, from (in my case, 2" deep) to just about any multiple of 2" needed. So, following are some photos and end results of my build.