Ryan Newman in a horrible crash

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by tap4154, Feb 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

forget about the car his face is totaled
    It' a good thing that his kids got their mother's good looks.
    It is amazing the he is standing there smiling after the wreck he was in.
    I like a happy ending
    happy dad, happy kids, a wonderful picture.

tap4154 likes this.
  2. Mad Kiwi

Mad Kiwi Friend of Leo's

Ladies, put your handbags down before someone loses an eye! :)

3. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

You aren't offending us but you have missed 60 years of racing from Weedsport to Rome to Rockingham to Daytona.....rubbing is racing. I have been watching this type of racing since I was a child and my father has before me and my brothers. It's hard to understand but those boys grew up racing that way. It is a racing lifestyle. A choice.

Now open wheel cars are different, sports cars are different, prototype IMSA cars are different, but stock cars?????? Rub marks are cool.

Please don't leave. We listened to your opinion.

4. stratoman1

stratoman1 Friend of Leo's

Hard to believe you cant even see a bruise on him. That was the scariest wreck I've seen in a long time

5. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

Geoff Bodine's truck crash at Daytona is still the scariest non-fatal crash in NASCAR history,IMHO

boris bubbanov likes this.
  6. FLHT

FLHT Tele-Meister

I agree, as far as wrecks go, that was the worst. I think those black barriers blocking the view of them getting Newman out of the car caused a lot of folks to worry that he wasn't going to fair so well. It sure was good to see him walk out of the hospital with his little girls.

7. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Afflicted

Attaboy, Ryan!

8. FLHT

FLHT Tele-Meister

9. Swampash&Tweed

Swampash&Tweed Friend of Leo's

It was very legal. Great sport and the driver is fine today. God bless true competition and competitors not afraid to stretch the limits of thier abilities . That's what makes pro competition the best at that level .
    Those that cant handle it..........the Pro Bowling tour starts soon:

https://www.pba.com/Tournaments/Season/152

10. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I'm so grateful Newman has gone home and has a long life to spend with his family one hopes.

But this is not over. And seeing John Nemechek die at Homestead, I have no further interest in any NASCAR event at any current track in FL. This is not right. This sport will change or it will pass away. With all due respect, no, we're not going back to business as usual and you could not be more wrong, patting yourself on the back like this.

As they say in the business: "We saw what you did there". If the kind of thinking you show here prevailed, we could still have Ned Jarrett trying to rescue Fireball Roberts as he burned to death in his wrecked car, even today. No, sir. You are wrong.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  11. Swampash&Tweed

Swampash&Tweed Friend of Leo's

We cant go around putting everything into shrink wrap to make safe. Some sports are dangerous and thats the appeal. No one wants to see what happened occur again. But wrecks are a park of the sport just as a fist fight is a part of hockey. Serious technology has been created and spent on barriers that give and equipment to protect the drivers and it all worked flawlessly as seen here. Ryan walked away. Fireball Roberts accident was May 24, 1964, the issue has been addressed. A better example is Dale Earnhardt from 2001. And as proved its been addressed. Ryan walked away.

NFL football has been penalized to the point its not even worth watching the game. These athletes gets paid millions and should be able to play. No sir you are wrong. The issues have all been addressed. What occurred was a fluke . NASCAR will investigate and learn from it. Get even better from it. But rubbing is racing. Thats like removing the chin ball from baseball. Players now wear better helmets to protect the side of the face.

Sometimes you have to earn those millions. God bless all those with the gift to be a professional athlete. But sometimes you need to earn it. Thats what makes champions. Thats why we may thousands to go see them. Thank you for the civil discourse though. Others here cant take a difference of opinion. God bless.

12. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I'm just saying, no doubt in my mind, that your mindset is already killing NASCAR and that it will be cold dead before you catch on.

You clearly yearn for the days of Gladiators. You need carnage, to be satiated. I think there's another path.

13. speedy mcfeely

speedy mcfeely Tele-Holic

look, I get it. Please stop insulting me. I understand that Nascar is a brutal death race that is too much for my delicate sensibilities and I show follow bowling. I get it already.
    I’ve had four posts deleted because I wasn’t being nice. Yet being called a lady that needs to put away my handbag, called a DB, told that I’m not tough enough for nascar and should watch bowling are all acceptable?
    Mods; please delete my account. After 12 years of worthwhile discussion and information, this place has changed. Being treated poorly is not any type of entertainment that I’m looking for. Thank you.

14. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    It is insane that people are being hurt in this thread.

Use the ignore function.

Use the report button.

Be nice to each other.

Opinions are going to vary.

It is the internet for crying out loud. The epitome of 1st World Problems.

Above all BE NICE TO EACH OTHER. TREAT EACH OTHER WITH RESPECT.

Don’t make me get my flying monkeys...

Thread locked.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.