Ryan Adams accused of abusive behavior, sexting with 14 year old girl

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by maxvintage, Feb 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's

There is no hearsay regarding the crime either: there is the testimony other person in the sexting exchange, and there are, according to the Times, more than 3000 texts that they have read, and from which they quote. So it's not hearsay evidence there either.

Were he to try to make a case for libel, he would have to disprove the testimony of seven women and unspecified number of others who corroborate their testimony

drlucky, Mike Eskimo and lammie200 like this.
  2. maxvintage

I think that's because in real life, as opposed to the movies, breaking someone's kneecap gets you arrested for assault, a felony, and possibly prison time.

As the story explains, multiple people come out at the same time because they have an experience in common which they share.

3. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Depending on the level of anger not everyone cares about the potential consequences. If one were to choose to exact their own version of justice he would also have the threat of exposing the perp up his sleeve which combined with possible further pain could keep the perp silent. So when do these people all get together and decide to trade their stories? Is there a club i'm not aware of?

Nick Fanis likes this.
  4. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

If they are not presented in court or ACTUALLY shown (the actual smartphone screen with the sender verified as RA) they are still hearsay.

The moment they do get presented or shown they become testimonies and facts.

At the moment they are hearsay.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  5. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Friend of Leo's

Irrespective of whether the alleged perpetrator is high-profile or just an ordinary Joe, it takes enormous courage for a victim to stand up and accuse someone of this type of offence - partly because they may not be sure how their family / friends may react both to them and to the alleged perpetrator. Then there are others who will assume, almost automatically, that the alleged victim is lying outright or at least exaggerating.

Once someone has taken that step and it goes public, other victims may feel more comfortable following suit and, frankly, why not if it gets someone guilty of a crime taken off the streets.

Of course, as you suggest, others may jump on the bandwagon either maliciously or to see if they can receive compensation or some other monetary reward - selling the story, writing a book, etc. That's bad but, hopefully, a thorough investigation will wheedle out those people.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  6. Chunkocaster

I think when dealing with criminal justice police sometimes gather multiple reports to strengthen their case before proceeding so I can see how multiple victims could all come forward at the same time years later. With a civil case I guess it's just lawyers approaching people seeking to build the numbers. Like a business seeking to expand profits.
    I would be highly disappointed if I had a daughter in that situation and she approached lawyers or the media before telling me about the problem. My first reaction would not be to seek the advice of lawyers or the media.

7. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

No club.

Safety in numbers.

No one got together.

Woman - “Oh - that’s what Cindy said happened when she dated Ryan ?” Um - yeah , he wasn’t really nice to me either...”

Interviewer - Could you elaborate ?

Woman - “Let me think about it” or “Yeah, I could tell you some crap that went down “ or “No thanks”

There may be others who refuse to talk.

Remember : 99.9% of conspiracies are found out and the .1% don’t exist.

maxvintage likes this.
  8. Chunkocaster

But these people are not in contact with each other as far as I can tell. A random internet fan, ex girlfriend etc. Almost seems like the NYT reporters just went in search of people for their story.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  9. rjtwangs

rjtwangs Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Or maybe....the authorities got word of numerous complaints, did a little digging and uncovered more information. I can tell you with certainty this was the case with the young lady I know well. After allegations came to light, she was contacted to see if she was able to corroborate the other allegations, she was...she was smart enough to get away from him before he could get too crazy, but he did pursue her until he was warned to back off. Which he did....but this kind of predatory behavior is not confined to the music industry. Ever heard stories of women being pressured by employers?? It happens all the time in every industry....he's just another predator who got caught and has had the light of truth come down hard...let's hope this p.o.s. just crawls back under his rock. And for those of you who continue to support him and buy his music, you are simply enabling him to be able to continue with his predatory behavior....it's that simple....

RJ

maxvintage, drlucky and Chunkocaster like this.
  10. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

A really really surprising number of dirty old creep apologists here. Something Freudian perhaps?

Last gig on Saturday underage girls were swapping IDs to get in and get drinks as usual. A bunch along the front could have been anywhere from 14 to 24 with their layers of makeup but it was obvious as soon as they spoke how mature they really were.

Young kids like to present another ideal or wished for self and they take silly risks - only creepy predators would seek to exploit that.

BrandonIke and Chunkocaster like this.
  11. Chunkocaster

I haven't read through the whole thread but I don't think questioning the NYT is in any way apologising for a real creep predator. I'm wondering why the law is not involved yet. At the moment it's just a article put together by a journalist with no mention of current legal proceedings etc. It wouldn't surprise me if it was true but it also wouldn't surprise me if it is totally fabricated.

JayFreddy likes this.
  12. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Yep, questioning the source clearly and obviously doesn't equal giving Adams a pass. (Despite all the sputtering, outraged virtue signaling displayed here)

13. maxvintage

as mentioned, the nyt has the texts, has seen them, and has quoted from them. This is not heresay

getbent likes this.
  14. maxvintage

I like the lack-of-virtue signaling. It's impressive. Ethics are so tiresome

stevemc and backporchmusic like this.
  15. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

No, it is not that simple.

Don't blame me for enabling his behavior. I didn't exchange 3000 texts with him.

Nick Fanis and blowtorch like this.
  16. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Law may soon be involved. I guess we’ll just wait and see.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  17. blowtorch

:lol:

18. davenumber2

davenumber2 Friend of Leo's

Blaming the victim? Nice.

drlucky and rjtwangs like this.
  19. blowtorch

Expecting the alleged victim (victim of what, exactly, we are apparantly not sure) to have any responsibility/accountability for their own actions/behavior? Unheard of! :lol:

20. cnlbb

cnlbb Tele-Afflicted

Hell no. I am saying that long form exposes of this nature tend to be tightly fact checked. Additionally the NYTs has a large opinion section that has practically no fact checking at all. But as for most pieces, they're true enough and if read carefully divulge areas that were impossible to fully confirm.

We could go into perspective in the NYTs (which it has in a way I dislike) but that seems like it might quickly cross a line or two of this website. But perspective doesn't undermine the facts, one just has to read carefully and knowingly.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.