Ryan Adams accused of abusive behavior, sexting with 14 year old girl

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by maxvintage, Feb 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Summer of 69... All I do, I do it for you...?

I’ve heard of him.

bgmacaw likes this.
  2. DonM

DonM Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I've heard his name but couldn't tell you who he is or what he's done. I always get him mixed up with Bryan Adams when I hear his name.

3. Piotr

Piotr Tele-Afflicted

I heard about the guy, but never really heard his music. He's really good, IMHO. He deserves all the pummelling coming his way, though, if he did what they say.

4. TheMindful

TheMindful Tele-Meister

Big disappointment if true. He has written some fantastic music and is such a great singer, songwriter and guitarist as well.

5. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Friend of Leo's

I picked up a CD of his quite a few years ago. It was in a bargain bucket at my local supermarket. Got it home and put it in the player. A few seconds later I thought "they've put the wrong CD in the box".

I'd never heard of Ryan Adams and was convinced I'd bought a Bryan Adams CD. I think I binned it.

Seen him on TV a couple of times but he doesn't seem to get a lot of coverage in the UK.

Anyway, I hate these trial by media shows. If he's guilty, deal with him as the law allows and then tell us about it.

JayFreddy and Greggorios like this.
  6. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

I agree that these situations are often distasteful, but sometimes the police don't know about facts or pieces of evidence until the media publish/report them. Remember the "OMG!" moment at the end of The Jinx?

Of course, there are also times when the media publish outright lies about people for no other reason than pure malice. We have to take the good with the bad.

Paul Jenkin likes this.
  7. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

The guy is definitely a musical genius.

I am an "inocent till proven guilty" guy though and especially during the day and age of internet BS & media trials I reserve my right to express my opinion of him as a person after the finalization of his trial.

If there is no trial & no conviction,in my book,than it simply did not happen and it was heresay.

Still even if he did it I will continue to listen to his AMAZING music (if people stopped listening to music made by "bastards" there hardly be any decent music to listen to left).

8. adjason

adjason Friend of Leo's

I wanted post a clip of a great song of his just for folks who don't seem to know who he is....a very gifted songwriter

9. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's

Eyewitness testimony is not hearsay. Hearsay is "i heard that she said he was a jerk." Witness testimony--the words of people who experienced or witnessed the thing themselves--is not hearsay.

The only crime here, as far as I can tell, is the sexting with the underage girl. He might be charged for that, and IMHO should be. Being a manipulative and abusive jerk isn't a crime though. Seven (Seven!) women coming forward with more or less the same story is a call-out to a jerk, not a revelation of a crime.

I'm fine with them calling him out on his abuse of power and general nastiness. Men have gotten away with that kind of thing for too long.

cnlbb, BrandonIke, lammie200 and 2 others like this.
  10. Nick Fanis

I was talking ONLY about the crime.

The rest IS "problematic" (for him) if he does not take the witnesses to court for libel .

It is something that he should do if he did not actually behave this way.

But again I don't give a dime as far as his music is fantastic I will continue listening to him..

In any case how worse can he be than one of my heroes? :)

11. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

He always struck me as a pretentious entitled jerk so I'm not surprised at all.

12. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Bryan Adams is seriously bummed out this week...

“Nope , that’s Ryan Adams, my first name is Bryan...”

My bar is a little higher. Miles Davis was a musical genius. Reputed creep Jimmy Page was a musical genius.

Ryan Adams is a very good songwriter singer , a touch overly-prolific for his own good, and yeah, he knows how to retro engineer a record to sound like 1980 (his self-titled record from a few years back).

Genius ? Seems like he’s not even one in terms of manipulating women seeing how they all either divorced him or bailed on his drama (threats of suicide :rolleyes: ).

In sooooo many #METOO stories I’m always struck by the common thread :

The guys (cuz they’re not men) couldn’t get over with women the conventional route : ask them out, see where it goes, oh - nowhere ? Well , keep going, ask another one out - next !

Eventually one will willingly say yes.

Now the little dude with the overly-fussy tousled hair and big Princeton Reverb stage prop is lumped in with the king of smarmy ridiculousness - Matt Lauer.

Coercion, drama, power plays , haranguing, grabbing them by the p***y ?

Sad.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    stevemc, beach bob, rjtwangs and 2 others like this.
  13. Nick Fanis

Good for you.

Now please could you allow me,the humble and musicaly iliterate nobody, to continue to be amazed by his music?

Thank you .

:)

14. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

While what he's accused of is serious, it's not like it should cause any lasting trauma to anyone, I'd think.
    I suppose that's not for me to say, but :rolleyes:

I think we are seeing a lot of over reacting

Which is completely unsurprising, in this day and age

bgmacaw and Nick Fanis like this.
  15. Mike Eskimo

I don’t know.

Maybe that’s like saying “Well, your back can’t still hurt can it ?”

16. blowtorch

Or maybe it's more like not automatically assuming someone's back got hurt in the first place

17. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

When I hear stories like this coming out I often wonder why multiple people claiming to be victims all come out at the same time. I can understand that the victims might feel shame so wouldn't tell their fathers, boyfriends etc but then they end up all over the media. Surely you would tell your father, brother, boyfriend first yet there are never reports of those guys breaking the perpetrators kneecaps etc like you would expect an angry father would do.

Nick Fanis likes this.
  18. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

Longtime member Doc Jeffery (some may also remember him from HCEG).

https://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/COXX12848708/Jeffrey-William-Bauer.html

And Stephen GC Coates who is also member here.

It's because of sickos like this that I don't let my guitar crazy middle son join forums.

19. Mike Eskimo

But , if someone says their back hurts - I’m not gonna question it.

I’m not very objective on this as I have seven (7) sisters and was pretty shocked when they all started telling about crap they experienced in their teens/twenties.

Even my oldest sister who I barely thought of as a woman ( sorry Ellen) had a pretty harrowing tale from her second year of med school.

maxvintage likes this.
  20. blowtorch

Yeah I don't know that someone's even saying "their back hurts"
    People are saying Adams acted like a creep, and also that he did some illegal stuff, possibly not realizing it.
    Trauma? Again, not for me to say, but...

I'm no Adams apologist. The guy's a weirdo, I've known that before I heard any of this.
    But I think this stuff has already quite possibly been overstated and exaggerated in it's "damage" caused.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.