Ryan Adams accused of abusive behavior, sexting with 14 year old girl

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by maxvintage, Feb 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire

2. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's

I have no idea who either of these people are

3. Geoff738

Geoff738 Poster Extraordinaire

Exactly, and as jondanger linked.

Geoff

4. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

The “NYT is unbelievable/untrustworthy !” is red meat , thrown to those that will snap it up.

Well , I ain’t snappin’...

stevemc, drlucky, cnlbb and 6 others like this.
  5. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Wow ! Waddy Wachtel.

That’s surprising cuz he never looked like a creep ...:rolleyes:

E5RSY and Harry Styron like this.
  6. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

7. warrent

warrent Friend of Leo's

Waddy's old news though it did raise questions back in 2017 when Stevie was touring Australia and New Zealand.

Ryan though seems to be both admitting and denying guilt at the same time.
    From his twitter feed:
    I am not a perfect man and I have made many mistakes. To anyone I have ever hurt, however unintentionally, I apologize deeply and unreservedly
    But the picture that this article paints is upsettingly inaccurate. Some of its details are misrepresented; some are exaggerated; some are outright false. I would never have inappropriate interactions with someone I thought was underage. Period.
    As someone who has always tried to spread joy through my music and my life, hearing that some people believe I caused them pain saddens me greatly. I am resolved to work to be the best man I can be. And I wish everyone compassion, understanding and healing.

8. string pull

string pull Tele-Meister

Contract negotiations ain't what they use to be.....

9. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

equivocation won't make him not someone who has done some very bad things and harmed some people for life. I have no clue who the other dudes are, but if they did this stuff... that is that... let the law do its thing...

If you have ever worked with people who were the victim of child abuse and sexual abuse... they NEVER get over it. It has the effect of murdering a person and from the death of that person another person grows, but they are never the same. That should not be modulated or muted. Abusers RUIN people for ever... and the victims do NOT choose to be abused. They are chosen and victimized.

There are enough quotes in the Times article that NO ONE is questioning that would suggest to a reasonable person that Adams is an abuser... My bet (statistically simple bet) is that he was a victim at some point in his life. I hope he is punished for his crimes (I'll accept whatever the courts decide) and I hope he gets help and tries to become a better person and deal with his issues. I REALLY hope that his victims get help and that they get some help to recover and re-create their lives... they were interrupted by a bad actor and they did not deserve it.

As for the people who question the timing... if he is guilty and it is likely he is, the victims can choose any moment to go after him... no statute of limitations for the criminal.

10. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

oh very creepy to me... look at Jimmy Page... he is vastly more guilty and gets a pass... Bill Wyman etc etc... cults of personality.. we do gymnastics mentally to make our worlds 'good' and ignore who these people are. I'd put down more people but it would be a list of sacred cows (or goats) and people's heads would explode.

Frankie, E5RSY, Piotr and 7 others like this.
  11. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

Careful what you say about Page. I got shellacked on another thread for pointing out his proclivity for underage girls.

12. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

I had a friend twenty years ago who was into the whole No Depression movement- Uncle Tupelo, Wilco, Tweedy, Adams, etc. He played me a lot of albums in that genre and I wasn't really that impressed by most of it. But, from what I can recall, I think I liked the Jayhawks more than the others.

getbent likes this.
  13. davidge1

davidge1 Friend of Leo's

Didn't most rock stars in the 60s and 70s sleep with teenage groupies? Even Peter Yarrow from Peter Paul and Mary was convicted of something along those lines. People nowadays equate that with molesting children, but I think society might be becoming too uptight.

It ain't no hangin' matter... It ain't no capital crime...

StrangerNY likes this.
  14. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

Teenage can mean 18 or 19, or it can mean 13 or 14. There's a HUGE difference!

RomanS likes this.
  15. davidge1

davidge1 Friend of Leo's

As far as rock stars go, things are no different than they ever were...

[​IMG]

Frankie and getbent like this.
  16. raysachs

raysachs Friend of Leo's

A number of people here seem to think that because older guys (rock stars and more typical sleaze) have been preying on young girls for ages, that makes it OK. It’s not. It’s not OK if they’re adults either if there’s a professional power relationship involved that’s being exploited. Yeah, it’s been happening since men have held more power in society than women - forever. Some of y’all might have missed a little explosion within the past couple years called me-too. It happened for a reason and it’s still happening for a reason. Women have never liked this state of affairs - they put up with it as long as they felt they had to. Yeah, some impressionable young girls have been excited by and chased some forbidden stuff - until they get in too deep - that’s why there are laws to protect em.

Ain’t no hanging matter, but now it can destroy your professional reputation and land you in jail and IMHO it should. Sorry if this sounds like politics, but everybody who implies this kind of stuff is OK is every bit as political and if it’s OK to make that case here, it better be OK to push back against it. I have two daughters on either side of 30. That shouldn’t matter, you shouldn’t have to feel protective toward your own kids for this to matter. But I think if you’ve spent any time around teenage girls you quickly understand that even though some of them develop a little faster than others and look like women, they’re basically little girls just under the surface. Any adult man that takes advantage of that deserves all of the bad mojo that comes their way.

-Ray

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  17. Keefsdad

Keefsdad Tele-Holic

18. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

If a man wrote a song like this about my 19 year old daughter, I don't think I'd want her to see him again. Ever.

It's still a great tune.

blowtorch likes this.
  19. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

Ps. I'm going to reserve judgment on the accusations and see what the judge and or jury has to say. He's definitely going to need a good lawyer.

Greggorios likes this.
  20. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Friend of Leo's

Who?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.