1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

RWRP NECK PICKUP OR NOT WITH SEYMOUR DUNCAN BRIDGE

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by SUNBEAMTIGER, Oct 30, 2020.

1. SUNBEAMTIGER

SUNBEAMTIGER TDPRI Member

Hi all!! Just a question for you - hope someone out there may be able to answer. I'm going to replace the neck pickup in my Squier CV 50's Tele with a Bootstrap Palo Duro but I already have a Seymour Duncan Jerry Donahue in the bridge. Given the fact that the SD is wound backwards from modern Fender pickups - what do I ask for in my order for the neck Palo Duro? - does it have to be wound differently or opposite poles etc to be as straighforward from a wiring perspective in order to work well with the SD in the bridge (i.e. noise cancelling in middle switch position) I'm a super noob with pickup wiring etc. so really just looking to be able to order one that works with a simple White/White, Black/Black wiring job and be done with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again guys!!

2. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Afflicted

Ask the guys at Bootstrap.

They'll know there stuff vs common brands. They did when I ordered.

Edit: use the chat function, its easier for them to answer, iirc.

3. Bootstrap

Bootstrap Tele-Meister Vendor Member

Thank you for considering Bootstrap!

The most important thing is to get the magnetic polarity correct. If you have a compass (or a compass app on your phone), the easiest thing to do is tell us which letter (North or South) points towards the top of the bridge pickup when the compass is placed on top of the pickup.

Our neck pickups are wired with a separate cover ground that would allow you to switch around the wiring if you have a phase issue from pickup wind direction between our neck and the Duncan bridge. Ideally we would want to wire that to be the correct direction from the start . If you could provide a top down photo of the pickup with the lead wires and eyelets in view we can help with that too.

Unfortunately the chat is down while we install a new one. The current chat service we had was kinda terrible.

SUNBEAMTIGER and SbS like this.
  4. SbS

SbS Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Compass trick is very good to know.

Sorry, a bit related but OT question. I'm about to assemble guitar with Fender WRHB neck and P-90 style bridge pickup (with 2 leads and separate ground). And planning to have a out of phase switch too.

But I'm still bit confused. Like is there a scenario where I'll add the switch, but not getting out of phase sound, just more hum / no effect...?

5. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

My Jerry Donohue is top south.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.