1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

RV-5

Discussion in 'Worship Service Players' started by FosterF, Jan 10, 2013.

1. FosterF

FosterF Tele-Meister

I've got an RV-5 coming in the mail. So, I was wondering what some of y'all's favorite settings are for some good ambient swells?
    -Foster

2. Liamf

Liamf Tele-Meister

I have a mine set on modulation with tone set at about 11 o'clock and effect nearly on full. When you run a Analog delay before the reverb it creates a really nice long swell that makes up for not having a keyboard player

3. SockPuppetMasta

SockPuppetMasta Tele-Meister

Plate and Modulation are your best bet.
    Level and Decay set high and Liveliness set where you think sounds best.

4. Ascension

Ascension Tele-Afflicted

Hmm really?? I need to check that out as on my boards where I'm running both I have the delay after the verb.

5. Liamf

Liamf Tele-Meister

When I had my delay running after the reverb I found it just made it too messy/muddy sounding (don't really know how to say it) but that was when I first started using reverb and analog delay so maybe it might sound better now that I know how to use it :D

6. kennesawbob

kennesawbob Tele-Meister

I use two reverb pedals. I have my Nova delay that runs into a Verbzilla then a Hardwire RV-7. The Verbzilla is set on the octo setting (kind of a U2 shimmer effect). The Hardwire is on Plate. I use the soft shimmer on slow/quiet songs (communion an offering). Other wise I have it off.

7. Liamf

Liamf Tele-Meister

Just got offered $170 (143 USD) for my RV-5. Not sure if i'll take it and then get a TC Electronics Hall of Fame or keep my RV-5. Ahhhh dilemma

8. CAAD8N8

CAAD8N8 Tele-Holic

I have a hall of fame and I really like it, but the rv 5 definitely will serve you well. I would stick with the rv5 if you like that mod setting on it.

9. FosterF

FosterF Tele-Meister

That's quite a bit for an RV-5! At least around here. I picked mine up for $85 in perfect condition, still in the box.

10. Snowwizard

Snowwizard Tele-Holic

Take it! And then find a used RV5 on Craigslist for less :)

That being said. If you use the RV5 for the mod, stick with it cause its a HoF weak point.

11. Liamf

Liamf Tele-Meister

I use a fair amount of mod on my CC so it's not a huge issue for me.

The initial figure Is in NZD and they retail brand new here for $249 but in still making a profit from selling it cause I bought the RV5 in the states.

I do plan to buy another reverb eventually so that I can have one for swells and one for light reverb for lead stuff do sounds like a good idea :D

12. Liamf

Liamf Tele-Meister

13. Snowwizard

Snowwizard Tele-Holic

Liam,

If you're gonna get two then think about this... Last fall i sold my HoF and was going to replace it with a PGS Trinity and a Hardwire Supernatural. Then I realized that it would actually be $20 cheaper to buy 1 Strymon bluesky. Which with the favorite setting is two reverbs in one... And better sounding. Just something to think about.

14. Liamf

Liamf Tele-Meister

Ultimately i would love a bluesky but can't afford one atm especially since im meant to be saving up for an amp since i don't currently own my own amp haha. What i do like with the HoF is it has a longer reverb trail and its easy to change reverb settings with your feet so the one pedal will work alright for me for awhile :)
    My RV-5 is going tonight to it's new owner, this is the first time i've sold a pedal im feeling rather sad :(

15. Snowwizard

Snowwizard Tele-Holic

I only mentioned the blue sky because you mentioned buying a second reverb. If you're thinking of getting the HoF or trinity, check out the Guitar Center arena. Like the trinity it's a take on the HoF, but it has more new presents and I thought they seemed more useful for p&w

16. tjalla

tjalla Friend of Leo's

+1 on bluesky if you are running two reverbs, down the track when you can save up for it.

17. CAAD8N8

CAAD8N8 Tele-Holic

Plus, the Trinity is more Biblical. :)

18. Snowwizard

Snowwizard Tele-Holic

I do laugh at the guys who use Buddha or sex drives :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.