Rutter-ed my b-bender

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by tigertail, Jan 31, 2020.

1. tigertail

tigertail TDPRI Member

Success! I ordered a modern bridge from Rutters, so I could switch from 6 saddles to the 3 saddle barrel setup. It's drilled for both top-loading and string-through, which is pretty cool. The b-string hole lined up perfectly.

I'm really liking the change in string tension - I just couldn't really get down with the 6 saddle thing.

Anyhow, if anyone else is considering doing this mod, I can vouch for going the Rutters route.

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Very cool!

3. Don Miller

Don Miller Tele-Afflicted

That looks like its made to fit an American standard style guitar (the Nashville b bender is a derivative of the American Standard design), with the dimensions different than on a vintage style guitar....which is pretty cool...

4. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Looks good !

Can you explain how the B string tension changed , its still being pulled from the PG string tower across the saddle

curious is all.

On my PG I pulled the standard B saddle and replaced it with a roller saddle . I don't think the tension changed but the metal to metal changed. The wear factor.

5. tigertail

tigertail TDPRI Member

Sorry for not seeing this until now. I wasn't super clear - I didn't see a change in the b-string tension - but overall, I found the strings a little looser going from the 6-saddle setup to the 3-barrel saddle setup. This could be in my head - I just really prefer the feel of the vintage 3-barrels to the modern 6-saddle.

6. Mur

Mur Tele-Afflicted

Yep I like that better.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.