1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Running a mustang 3 into another amp.

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by buckwalder, Jul 4, 2014.

1. buckwalder

buckwalder Tele-Meister

Is anyone doing this? I started doing this over a year ago with my mustang 3 v2. At first I ran a regular guitar cable from the mustangs fx loop send into my other amp,it sounds good that way but it doesn't showcase the stereo effects like I wanted.
    So I went to guitar center and bought an xlr to 1/4" jack and now run out of the right line out of the mustang into the input of my Ampeg Reverborocket and it sound huge.
    With the effects like pitch shift, delay and reverb I can get some really cool spacial effects and other usable tones.

2. RockerDuck

RockerDuck Friend of Leo's

I use a Radial ABY switcher. It put both amps together or A / b. You can also have one clean and on dirty amp. I usually add a 3rd amp to sound bigger. I take the stereo out of my Delay to the third amp.

3. buckwalder

buckwalder Tele-Meister

I do the same sometimes depending on the situation. I just brought this up to show how simple it is to do this with a Mustang amp V2.
    I should have mentioned in my original post, you can control the volume of the second amp with the volume control of the mustang, then you can balance the two out with the master volume of the Mustang.

4. Jim Dep

Jim Dep Friend of Leo's

Yes ! Mustang III FX send to a Power Amp IN jack on my Peavey Stereo Chorus 212, with the Scorpion speakers.

It sounds HUGE !!

It doesn't need it, but when I want the Mustang III to sound as full as a real Twin..........there you go. :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.