1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

RTG ABY issue.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by rhythmjones, Dec 2, 2014.

1. rhythmjones

rhythmjones Tele-Holic

Okay so I just got my shiny new RTG home, but I'm having an issue with my setup.

I have the guitar going into the A of a Live Wire ABY pedal, and the RTG going into the B. The Y goes to the rest of my pedalboard.

Both the guitar and the RTG function properly when either A or B is selected. When both are selected, the RTG works but the guitar only comes through when the RTG is ON!

Anyone had a similar experience? I have absolutely no idea why that would be happening. I have another ABY and it is doing it with both of them.

Thanks in advance!

2. rhythmjones

rhythmjones Tele-Holic

Got this response from EHX:

"Mitchell,

When the RTG is off, the output is grounded. So if you use a passive ABY box, your guitar signal will be grounded when the RTG is off. You either need to use an active ABY box or put buffers between both the RTG and the ABY and your guitar and the ABY so that both inputs are being driven equally.

Guitar to buffer to input A

RTG to buffer to input B

That should do the trick.

Regards,"

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.