Round Up

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by chet again, May 21, 2019.

1. dkmw

dkmw Friend of Leo's

Even though we all live on land, and have concerns about direct glyphosate effects on our health, this is an ocean planet.

It all runs downstream into the oceans, and our oceans are under ever-increasing pressure.

This is a science paper https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0151633

You can search your own opinion pieces, I wouldn’t post them for obvious reasons.

telemnemonics likes this.
  2. Wallo Tweed

Wallo Tweed Friend of Leo's

i'm not sure. Ag workers appling pesticides must be a licensed applicator or working under the supervision of one. They will be wearing correct PPE, and following mixing instructions.

Homeowners are often seen spraying in shorts and a tee shirt. Then there are the guys saying "it didn't work very well last time so I doubled the mix this time".

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  3. Jerry J

Jerry J Tele-Afflicted

hmm... now we know how Don Corleone died!

[​IMG]

4. Jerry J

Jerry J Tele-Afflicted

In all seriousness, I would NEVER use it on lawn anymore. I don't even fertilize my lawn full of weeds. YMMV, but when the kids were younger, I wouldn't use it, and now with the dog out all day, no way I'm using it ever again.

5. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

[​IMG]

6. LeicaBoss

LeicaBoss Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

I'm familiar with that. But don't confuse aggressive marketing and corporate aggression with scientific evidence.

In some ways it's necessary because anti-corporate "hit squads" exist to do the opposite. Dishonesty in science is prevelent and it isn't just companies driving that.

Real evidence that RoundUp poses a unique public health risk is very thin gruel. Blood is in the water, though, so it's too late for that to matter.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.