1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Round two of body shaping....

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by FortyEight, Apr 22, 2021.

1. FortyEight

FortyEight Tele-Afflicted

That little bit of knocking the edge down on the inside helps a lot. I have decided I don't really like the real deep belly cuts on strats and such cuz when I strum it puts the body at more of an angle than I want if you're standing or even sometimes sitting. At least with sitting you can kind of position it however you want. But the slab back is nice. I do like the generous arm relief on a strat. Mine isn't anywhere near that big but it helps. I took it a little further towards the center.

I love the black knobs.

I'm onto wondering about pups. I like the bridge but usually I'm a neck pup tele guy. This one sounds kind of, meh. It sounds good when I play it through my vox with a 6.5 speaker but when I use my cabinet with a 12" speaker it just sounds muffly. I may think about putting a better neck pup in there....... Or both.... But I feel like the bridge sounds pretty good for a cheap pup.

Anybody else swap just the neck and not the bridge in an Affinity? It could just be the height. I don't like that I can't adjust it on the pickguard. LOL. Ugh.

Attached Files:

2. Deeve

Deeve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I've not seen such a minimalist touch @ the contours - if it makes playing more comfortable, good. :cool:
    Peace - Deeve

3. FortyEight

FortyEight Tele-Afflicted

Well I've noticed while playing Les Pauls in the store that some I find more comfy then others cuz I notice some have a more generous rounded edge than others. So that was kind of my intent with that.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.