Round-a-bouts

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by uriah1, May 21, 2019.

1. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Tele-Holic

Yes they are the future. I discovered them first during a summer in Great Britain about 30 years ago. Now they are becoming standard practice in the U.S. They keep traffic moving. No more sitting at a red light for minutes and minutes with not a single other car anywhere around.

2. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Back in college I went through a legitimate large one down on Hwy 1 in Long Beach, CA often, but I'll never forget approaching my first roundabout while driving on the wrong side ... urrr .... left side of the road in Ireland trying to make it to a meeting on time, back in the '80s. Mind blown, I struggled through it very slowly going clockwise, but by the end of the week, it became almost natural. The ones in Japan are very fast and scary, but the drivers are sooo good there that you just follow the car in front of you and you are golden.

3. Owenmoney

Owenmoney Tele-Afflicted

They are an accident with a place to happen. If people were polite and and considerate they would work fine, however people are self centered aggressive idiots when behind the wheel of an automobile. So in theory they work fine in actuality they’re a nightmare !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

uriah1 likes this.
  4. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

So they work everywhere but the US? Now I know what you guys can't have nice things!

Owenmoney likes this.
  5. jimilee

jimilee Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

The problem in the US is that people don’t understand right of way, which causes back ups and wrecks because they will stop when they shouldn’t. People like my self will just take it when people do this, because it will just turn into a standoff otherwise and make things worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.