Rotary speaker pedal under $200?

Old Smokey

Tele-Meister
Boss RT-20

bossrt20-jXbN4KtJXMKAyjlLrjVJLkyEkGw0fCCi.jpg

magicfingers99

Friend of Leo's
go to 1:14 for some floyd tones

this is a much better chance to hear some of the different tones it can deliver.
the Rocky Road Rotary pedal.

Thin white duke

Friend of Leo's
Tried all 3 of those, hated 'em. Too much latency in all I've tried to be useful.
Really ? i don't think you're gonna find an octaver that has less latency than the Pog, i've tried many.....i'm talking about the Pog 2 but i think the little brother is the same.......

D_Malone

Tele-Holic
Really ? i don't think you're gonna find an octaver that has less latency than the Pog, i've tried many.....i'm talking about the Pog 2 but i think the little brother is the same.......

I couldn’t live with the latency on the POG 2 or Micro either. Also didn’t much care for the “synthy” sound.

I believe latency is much less of an issue with analog octave pedals.

John O

Tele-Meister
I've had this one for a few years. I heard a guy use it at a bar and was impressed. A multi-mod-effects pedal, chinese clone type thing. Most of the effects are unimpressive, the tremolo is pretty good, but i never use it,
however, the rotary speaker effect is fabulous. I bought it new for about $54. Have no idea what it costs now. I have an electro-harmonix pedal with multi-mod effx ("Mod-11") which has a very nice chorus, flanger and 6-stage phaser, but its rotary speaker FX pales in comparison to the Donner. I use it in my effects loop, sounds great. Probably not as good as plugging into a leslie like frampton, but close, less pricey and takes up less space in the back of your subaru!

donner.jpg

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I've had this one for a few years. I heard a guy use it at a bar and was impressed. A multi-mod-effects pedal, chinese clone type thing. Most of the effects are unimpressive, the tremolo is pretty good, but i never use it,
however, the rotary speaker effect is fabulous. I bought it new for about $54. Have no idea what it costs now. I have an electro-harmonix pedal with multi-mod effx ("Mod-11") which has a very nice chorus, flanger and 6-stage phaser, but its rotary speaker FX pales in comparison to the Donner. I use it in my effects loop, sounds great. Probably not as good as plugging into a leslie like frampton, but close, less pricey and takes up less space in the back of your subaru!

View attachment 914530
Yep, I have two of them! Paid $40 for the first one new, Paid $35 for the second one used. One for my acoustic rig. I dont use amp trem anymore, just this. The rotary IS good in this too. The new version of the Donner is this one, the same but more money:

drmordo

Tele-Afflicted
The dod vibrothang fx22 is designed to be a Leslie emulator which it does pretty well if you keep the controls around 12. What's very cool is it can do other stuff if you push it out of its comfort zone.

That said, I got a Digitech RPM-1 for around $150 a while back, and it is by far the best emulator I have heard. It is also stereo which is a big improvement over the fx22. It is rack mounted however...

Last edited:

Twang Deluxe

Tele-Afflicted
These are my 60s style pedals. The pedal on the left is a Vox Stomplab 1G. I painted it to make it look more vintage. IMHO its rotary sound is pretty amazing

Attachments

• 20211017_190055.jpg
    20211017_190055.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 15

DeepDangler

Tele-Holic
The Boss rotary pedal can be had for around 200 used but it’s quite big. Sounds pretty authentic and is stunning in stereo.

JHS Emperor Chorus does a beautiful rotary effect and also has a tap tempo switch without taking up as much space. Plus, it has an expression pedal input dialed in for rotary speeds.

D_Malone

Tele-Holic
Thanks for the great recommendations, all.

I snagged a used Keeley Dyno My Roto. Seems like a lot of pedal for the money. I’ll give it a whirl at rehearsal this Friday and post my impressions.

Festofish

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
The Dano Money Laundry is pretty fun. Goes from chorus to spinning speaker with a turn of the knob. I bought a Fender for under $200 and it’s fantastic!
4407455E-5106-4DF8-9E52-4ADB4E7AA7BE.jpeg

Attachments

• 4BA5AE81-4EE7-4431-9105-E5A6C9F9142A.jpeg
    4BA5AE81-4EE7-4431-9105-E5A6C9F9142A.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 6

arlum

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
You know another option would be to get someone who wants to share the stage to hold a small extension cab and turn in a circle. Just round and round. If you want to change the effect speed you just say "faster" or "slower".