Rosewood neck, white body (?) show me your pickguards.

cheepnis

TDPRI Member
Hello Everyone, I picked up a 2002 Nashville Neck, with nice dark rosewood fretboard, for my next build.

I'm currently in search of a body, but am leaning heavily towards something in a white.
I really like Mary-Kaye white, and the Stratosphere frequently has new Squire CV bodies in that color for ~$180.
Olympic white is also a favorite, and Polar white isn't out of the question.

Frankly, I think any or all would look great, but I'm somewhat torn over pickguard colors.

It'll have an ashtray bridge and a mini-himbucker in the neck.

I'd love to see some of your Teles with rosewood necks and white bodies.

bobio

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
I tried several from Black to Parchment and many more. I finally settled on a Mint pickguard from Warmoth. I think it goes well with the Warmoth Olympic white paint. :cool:👍

20211120_001857506_iOS.jpg

bobio

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Just for giggles, here is an Olympic white American Special with a Tort guard. You can tell the pic is ooooollllld. Changed the pick guard to Black shortly after this, just not a fan of Tort. 🤢 Looks much better on Turtles than guitars :oops:

077.jpg

bobio

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Also not Rosewood, but Roasted Maple. Another Olympic White body with a Parchment pick guard.

That's all I got in White with darker boards on them. :) Hopefully it helps 👍

20210828_180032536_iOS.jpg

Last edited:

cheepnis

TDPRI Member
Not quite Rosewood, but here is a Fender Olympic White with a Pau Ferro board and a Fender Parchment pickguard.

Yeah this is pretty close to my Baja in faded sonic blue, which I like, but has inspired me to go rosewood and white.

cheepnis

TDPRI Member
Also not Rosewood, but Roasted Maple. Another Olympic White body with a Parchment pick guard.

That's all I got in White with darker boards on them. :) Hopefully it helps 👍

Well dang, she's so pretty now I'm shopping roasted maple too :)

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
My old Olympic White & rosewood Strat came with a white pickguard, which after many years I changed to black, which was imho better. But I realised after that tort would have been even better... (I don't have the guitar anymore, but not because of that!!)

cheepnis

TDPRI Member
I picked up a 'mary kaye' white body from gfs, the grain is super faint but I kind of like it like that.
supposed to be swamp ash but I've never seen one with that little grain.
Seems really light though, which I like.

Laid out, with a single ply white.

I think I like it.

I'm putting a mini-hum in the neck, so I want to dwell on it a bit before I open up the route and modify the pickguard.

PXL_20220414_220844165.jpg

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Tort is always a good option for that. There's tort and then there's tort. Pick a good one.
Some of the mint, parchment etc look good though too.

cheepnis

TDPRI Member
This is where it's at right now ... I like it!
Bypassed the tone pot for the neck hum, and I think they pickups blend well, the hum in the neck is much better on it's own that some of the other Tele's I've had. I like it much better than the 60's Baja I have (selling soon).

PXL_20220516_204441636.jpg
PXL_20220516_204500762.jpg

Sax-son

Friend of Leo's
Pretty straight forward 60's style tele with Lindy Frailin vintage Telecaster pickups and all Fender hardware. Mint green pickguard to be exact. 

Attachments

• White 60's Telecaster.jpg
    White 60's Telecaster.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 11