Rory Gallagher's Tele sound

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Strat Jacket, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Strat Jacket

Strat Jacket Tele-Meister

I recently watched a YT video of Rory Gallagher demonstrating some of his techniques and guitars, including the infamous '61 Strat, the National resonator, and also the Tele he favored for slide before he switched over to the Gretsch Corvette as his main go-to slide guitar. He picked up the Tele and demo'd a bit of slide and the sound that came out of that Tele was unreal! Unfortunately, he didn't discuss or show the amp he was plugged in to. I think it may have been during his Vox AC30 years, but can't say for sure. Does anyone know what his slide lineup consisted of for the Tele and Esquire he used back in the early Taste and solo years was?
    If I can find the video again I'll link it.

2. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I think I've seen the video you are talking about. if it's the same one, it's backstage on the Irish Tour 74. if so, it could be a vox, bassman, or a Stramp. but what you see there is, to me, very much "tone is in the hands". he hit those notes and just made them quiver!

3. Strat Jacket

Strat Jacket Tele-Meister

Yes, you could be right! I'll have to review the footage again and see if I can find it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.