Ron Kirn Owners/ Appreciation Club

Ronkirn

Doctor of Teleocity
I dont think you remember me. It was around 2018-2019!
well.. I hate to admit it.. but having successfully fought my way to 76 has had it's tradeoffs... like recalling such things has eroded a bit.... which is why I have about a half dozen of whatever hand tool ya might mention... now where are those calipers... 🤪

lshines

TDPRI Member
I haven't been on here for a long time. My playing days are few, at an age where the arthritis keeps me from playing much. My thumb joints are shot. I don't mean to complain - I've had a great time!
I have a custom RK tele - old mahogany and maple tele, Lindsy Fralin pups, T-tek bridge, closet queen - probably has less than five hours playing time - all at home (my other RK was played on the few gigs - which my son now owns). So, I'm thinking about letting this one go. I have no idea what it's worth - but want it to go to someone who plays lots, and will appreciate it. I'll try to attach a few pics. If you're interested, please email [email protected]. I'd hate to put it on eBay - gosh knows.

Attachments

• DSC_7124.JPG
    DSC_7124.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC_7139.JPG
    DSC_7139.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_7148.JPG
    DSC_7148.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 57

Ronkirn

Doctor of Teleocity
OH man... you're "re-homing" her... that's a shame... but I know how it is... I'm so old and my hands are so racked up I can't play any more either.. I just stumble around the fingerboard... hoping my Fairy God Guitarist will appear with his magic wand and in a flash my dexterity would return..

Anyway.. I can't recall right off hand, but I think that was some of that 50,000 year old lumber from New Zealand?? she's totally rox...

r

lshines

TDPRI Member
I haven't been on here for a long time. My playing days are few, at an age where the arthritis keeps me from playing much. My thumb joints are shot. I don't mean to complain - I've had a great time!
I have a custom RK tele - old mahogany and maple tele, Lindsy Fralin pups, T-tek bridge, closet queen - probably has less than five hours playing time - all at home (my other RK was played on the few gigs - which my son now owns). So, I'm thinking about letting this one go. I have no idea what it's worth - but want it to go to someone who plays lots, and will appreciate it. I'll try to attach a few pics. If you're interested, please email [email protected]. I'd hate to put it on eBay - gosh knows.
I should mention the mahogany. My father had a long and wide (approx 16' long x 2' wide x 1.5") piece of mahogany that was in the rafters of our garage, since 1959. Supposedly to make a large table out of. Dad died in 1963. It was untouched until I get it down from the rafters a year before RK built the guitar- oh my gosh, look at this! There was enough for the top of a table for our house, and, as I hoped, for RK to make me a tele. I had been lusting over his work for quite a while, and he agreed it it. He really made a superb, world class guitar for me - gosh I didn't know how to thank him. Especially for the sentimental meaning to me.
Because he had to plane down the board some, to make the body the necessary thickness, there's a middle piece of maple in the body.

jim_pridx

Tele-Afflicted

Beautiful guitar! Heck, if I were 20 years younger, I'd take it off your hands! Like yourself, though, arthritis is slowly taking its toll on me, so I've been gradually getting away from playing gigs while selling a few items as well. Hope the guitar finds its way into a good home!

Reactions: BB

BB

Poster Extraordinaire
That is a simply stunning instrument. Understated beauty for sure.

I LOVE mahogany bodies....and the P90's!! A match made perfect in tone town. If I could swing it, I would.....wow, what a thrill someone is going to get when they first open the case....(sigh)