Ron Kirn Owners/ Appreciation Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Jazzmasterfan, Jun 13, 2009.

1. JGOCTO

JGOCTO TDPRI Member

Awesome, Congratulations! I have to say, I have never had a satin finished guitar. But, I am really loving her looks, sound and feel. Ron's pickups are Awesome! I believe the finish smooths out and gets more glossy over time. The body resonates soo beautifully. I can't wait to start recording with her. Post some pics when you get yours! Again, Congratulations!

2. JGOCTO

JGOCTO TDPRI Member

This is one of Ron's Ol' Blackie. Ron made her for me. The guitar is Fantastic!

3. JGOCTO

JGOCTO TDPRI Member

Nancy is one of Ron Kirn's "Ol' Blackie" that he made for me. She's made of swamp ash and has a satin finish. I also had him do the 4 point switch for the pickups. They sound fantastic in all the positions. So much tonal range for 2 pickups. I'm getting used to the satin finish. this is the first guitar I've ever owned that has a satin finish. So, I have to say, I was a little surprised when I opened up the case. She is Beautiful, and I hear that over time the finish smooths out and gets a little more glossy, from playing her. I'm all into breakin' in a guitar.works for me. LOL!
    Ron's work is Excellent! I am very happy with Nancy. Ron's pickups are Great, and the guitar has such Dymanics, Sonically. I love the Fat C Neck, something I never had as well. I realize this is soo much better for my hands. I hope to start recording some tunes with her, very soon.

4. JGOCTO

JGOCTO TDPRI Member

Maybe, someday, I'll switch to a white pickguard, but I like the black pickguard for now, especially since I had him put in the Rio Grande Steel Bridge. She has a little gnarliness going on. LOL!

5. jamieorc

jamieorc Tele-Holic

Congrats!

JGOCTO likes this.
  6. PacificChris

PacificChris Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Walked into Guitar Showcase today with no particular agenda but down at the end of a row of Fenders & Squiers was a Ron Kirn Tele on consignment for a very reasonable price. To tell the truth I didn't even plug it in. It looked right, it felt right, & it had Ron's name on it; I bought it!

I'll send Ron a PM with the serial number to get the build details. I'll get some pictures tomorrow for y'all.

Yay me!

HappyHwy1owner likes this.
  7. DLDTEX

DLDTEX TDPRI Member

I understand the logic of your purchase. Pretty cool showcase. Congratulations.

JGOCTO likes this.
  8. PacificChris

Guitar Showcase is a music store in San Jose. I'm here visiting my parents which is why I haven't heard it through an amp yet. (Why I didn't in the store is a long story & not germane.)

Anyway, here's a pic.
    [​IMG]

Uncle Mui, irie and JGOCTO like this.
  9. DLDTEX

DLDTEX TDPRI Member

I bet that is lightest guitar you own. I am assuming you don't another paulownia body guitar. Enjoy.

10. JGOCTO

JGOCTO TDPRI Member

Congratulations! Can't wait to see her!

11. JGOCTO

JGOCTO TDPRI Member

She is Beautiful! Congratulations! Honestly I wouldn't really be concerned about plugging her in to make sure. Ron's work is Great! Even if you're not into his pickups, you still have an Incredible guitar! I love mine, and his pickups sound great to me.

fender68 likes this.
  12. PacificChris

It's fairly light but swamp ash not paulownia. I'll come up for air on Saturday and take more pictures and weigh it etc.

Oh yeah, play it!

JGOCTO likes this.
  13. irie

irie Tele-Holic

Congrats man! I grabbed mine second hand also, and much like yourself bought it before ever even plugging it in. Enjoy man, Ron builds a heck of an instrument.

JGOCTO likes this.
  14. RDennie1

RDennie1 TDPRI Member

Here are a couple pics of my little blonde. I ordered her from Ron in March and received her last Monday. I must say after reading about Ron's work here and in an article on 5 top tele builders I new I had to have one of his creations. Now I do, #909 is in my possesion and I couldn't be more satisfied.
    Cheers Ron :)

_MG_2857.jpg _MG_2852.jpg

15. Unionjack515

Unionjack515 Tele-Afflicted

The question is...who gets "the one after nine o nine" . GORGEOUS guitar. Classy and sleek.

horax likes this.
  16. RDennie1

RDennie1 TDPRI Member

I thought the same thing lol
    Sleek is a great description for how this guitar plays as well.

17. PacificChris

As promised, here are a couple more pics of my new RK Ol' blackie. Ron got right back to me with build info on it. It's pretty much what I expected, but more importantly, what I always thought I would eventually get.

Now that I've heard it through an amp, I find that it has a voice of its own. I'm comparing it with Vinny, my 1989 Custom Shop Tele. I'm still not a fan of 4 way switching on Tele's tho'. I suppose I can just not set the switch there!

Here's the new RK with Vinny:

IMG_8143.JPG

Here's my attempt at an arty shot:

IMG_8154.JPG

18. irie

irie Tele-Holic

beautiful guitar! the 4 way might start to grow on you, this was my first tele with a 4 way also and while I don't use it often I feel like its a nice option to have.

19. JGOCTO

JGOCTO TDPRI Member

Sweeet!!!

20. Unionjack515

Unionjack515 Tele-Afflicted

Kirn semi-hollow T. Light caught my neck right tonight and I figured I'd snap a few pics to share...[​IMG][​IMG]

JGOCTO likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.