1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Ron Kirn Owners/ Appreciation Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Jazzmasterfan, Jun 13, 2009.

1. teleaussie

teleaussie TDPRI Member

Yep, that was at my request also.

Ron was VERY understanding with my little changes along the way:p

2. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Telefied Silver Supporter

Never ceases to amaze me how unique each of his creations are. I love mine, but each time I see a new one I think, wow I'd love to have that. Congrats.

3. teleconvertMij

teleconvertMij Tele-Meister

Excellent idea :)

4. teleaussie

teleaussie TDPRI Member

Cheers guys.
    Just as I am sure you feel, it is a real buzz to have a special "one of a kind" instrument (unless someone copies it!)
    I have seen some amazing instruments on this site and these are what inspired me to take that leap of faith.
    As I and many others have found, having Ron make your pride and joy is a no brainer.

5. teleconvertMij

teleconvertMij Tele-Meister

+ 1 :)

6. MReynolds

MReynolds Tele-Meister

Very sweet teleaussie. I wish he wudda put the rodent on mine, i thought he came standard on all RK so i didnt request. Love the PG.

7. teleaussie

teleaussie TDPRI Member

Thanks.
    I love the rodent and assumed like you it was standard on his teles and strats but it is only standard on the front of the headstock on the strats. This came out during one of the conversations with Ron.
    I did fuss over the PG shape for quite some time, being torn between wanting one that was functional and kinda "broke" up the body a bit plus wanting to show off as much of the wood as possible.

8. nichd01

nichd01 Tele-Meister

Anyone know who owns Rons 2nd tdpri giveaway guitar? Its a barnbuster and on my bucketlist! Any info greatly appreciated...

Why?... good question. I picked up Rice26 which was Rice's 2006 TDPRI giveaway guitar (have a ngd post on it) and i absolutely love it... so of course have to get the kirn so they can duke it out as master of all tele mojo!

9. keatonmyrick

keatonmyrick TDPRI Member

Well, I must apologize for the delay in posting these photo's. I am self-employed and the last couple months have been absolutely crazy for me. Absolute torture considering I didn't even sit down to really play the guitar until about 3 weeks after it arrived and am just now getting the time now to photograph it. Since then I have had a lot more time to play her and she is really starting to fall into place. Effortless play-ability and the tones from the Lollar Charlie Christian are fantastic.

The guitar was shipped with a Tortoise guard, which I really liked but decided to make a parchment. Will probably go back and forth but for now I like how it contrasts with the Charlie Christian. I couldn't capture it in the photo's but Ron did his treatment on the back of this neck that is fantastic. The headstock and heel are gloss, but the "business" portion is all satin. Even the border between the Satin and the Gloss is CRISP and, well, perfect. As is the fit and finish throughout the rest of the guitar. As good as I've seen anywhere, if not better...just flawless.

Working with Ron was an absolute blast. I have no doubt I was a little more "particular" than the average client during the build process and Ron's kindness and professionalism proved to me these "small" boutique builders are truly the only way to go. Thanks Ron, you've made me a very, very happy guy. She ROCKS!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Holyoli

Holyoli Tele-Meister

Ron's bursts are always amazing ! Beautiful guitar

11. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity

Holy Smokes... I made that?? ;)

r

12. mvanslooten

mvanslooten TDPRI Member

The flame on the back of that neck is insane. It looks like it was made from a tiger!

13. EchoNW

EchoNW Tele-Meister

I know which part and keatonmyrick does too. ;) :lol:

14. jwp333

jwp333 Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Superb looking guitar. I do love the sound of the Lollar Charlie Christian. Started when I first heard it in the Tim Lerch videos on Youtube. I still rue the day when I lost my shot at a Kirn with this pickup listed on Craigslist in St. Louis (even as risky as that might have been with me on the East Coast).

15. Stain

Stain TDPRI Member

A newbie on TDPRI. Joined yesterday, read about Ron Kirn guitars, spoke to him today and now one is on they way.

What a great intro. Just hope I can afford to keep reading this Forum!

The guitar: Sonic blue Nashville Tele w rosewood board. The middle pickup is on a mini-toggle, so the bridge and neck pups can still be selected in the middle position (a sweet combo that is missing on the standard Nashville Tele 5-way selector.) Ron was great to chat with.

16. teleaussie

teleaussie TDPRI Member

Congrats on a great looking instrument keatonmyrick.
    You can never have too many RK's.

17. jwp333

jwp333 Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

There must be some new Kirn guitars since September. We need to kickstart this thread.

18. djmachinist

djmachinist TDPRI Member

New Ron Kirn Barn Buster build

I ordered a new Barn Buster with a Bigsby Tremelo about 4 weeks ago and
    Ron sent me the almost finnished pics yesterday, two weeks earlier from what he told me when I ordered it! Good work Ron!!:cool:

Dale

Attached Files:

19. MReynolds

MReynolds Tele-Meister

Crosby wood? ;)

20. djmachinist

djmachinist TDPRI Member

Lobblolly Pine is what I was told.

Dale

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.