Ron Kirn Owners/ Appreciation Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Jazzmasterfan, Jun 13, 2009.

1. barnbustud

barnbustud Tele-Holic

Mines here.

[​IMG]

Despite the name , my hand very much felt at home with the fatty , hours of playing and there was no sign of fatigue at all ! I chose to stick with the Kirn pups and it sounded really awesome with a palette of tones available with the knobs . The BB i have is very beautiful to look at , streaks of gold highlights run through. Ron was straight and honest as a tele , thanks man!

2. GMAN715

GMAN715 Tele-Meister

Nice one! Enjoy it!

3. falconer

falconer Tele-Holic

She's a honey. Enjoy!

4. Caboose

Caboose Tele-Meister

Beautiful! Those Barnbusters are something to behold. I'm a sucker for that rich amber shade anyway and then you add that grain, the character of the various knots and the uniqueness of each one.... Mmm, mmm, mmm!!
    Use it in good health.

Cheers, Dean

5. Twangyo

Twangyo Tele-Afflicted

Congratulations, these barnbusters are each unique,with their own "fingerprint".

6. Twelvefrets

Twelvefrets Tele-Meister

Anybody? Waiting myself for a basic T. Somebody must be getting something on their doorstep. Let's share the good news!

7. Ekphrastic

Ekphrastic TDPRI Member

Man, looking at all these Barnbusters has really shown me how amazing these unique pieces of wood can be. I love bookmatched maple tops, don't get me wrong, but it's also really cool to see how the knots and natural streaks play with the body shape and the components. Really, really great work!

8. Twelvefrets

Twelvefrets Tele-Meister

Ron Kirn Basic T honey blonde on its way next week!

A sneak preview of what's coming. Swamp ash, chunky neck, Ron's own pups. Four-way switch. Oh Yeah!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  9. majorbanjo

majorbanjo TDPRI Member

My Paulwonia should be here middle of next week....just got this pick from Ron...can't wait.....

[​IMG]

10. GuitarPlayerFL

GuitarPlayerFL TDPRI Member

Just wanted to thank Mr. Kirn for the very enjoyable Q&A/Storytelling session yesterday at the guitar showroom at House of Stereo in Jacksonville. What a fun guy to listen to and with a wealth of information! We all got to try out several of his axes....very nice!

And the #1 advice to get FABULOUS TONE...?

Practice. :D

11. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Yep, that was a great afternoon... thanks to everyone that came by.

Ron

12. Caboose

Caboose Tele-Meister

Major,
    She's a beauty! That pawlonia is really nice. I like that double stripe of grain that runs the length of the body.
    More pics and details please after she makes her way to her new home.

Cheers, Dean

13. majorbanjo

majorbanjo TDPRI Member

I love this guitar...the Paulwonia Kirn is sitting in there very well with my favorite Les Pauls....and I've always been a Les Paul guy.......this is my first tele style guitar.....apologize for the picture...but I'm no photographer.....this is the lightest guitar I've ever owned and it sounds incredible both plugged in and unplugged it's very resonant.....I love the feel of the neck......I wish gibson would build a Les Paul with a neck like this.....:)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Caboose

Caboose Tele-Meister

Major,
    Verrry nice!! So, give us the details... Are those Ron's own pups or did you spec out something different? What about that neck? I think I spy a little figuring there. Time to brush up on your phtography skills... That is, if you can put her down long enough. Glad to see she's such a looker... I think mine is in the same general batch - although not a Pawlonia. I have no doubt she plays even better than she looks - that seems to be a common theme with Ron's guitars.
    So, throw those of us still waiting for the guitar stork some more details... And some close-ups!!

Cheers and congrats on the safe arrival of the new #1.

Dean

15. Twelvefrets

Twelvefrets Tele-Meister

Your new Kirn tele looks great with that amp. Congratulations.

16. majorbanjo

majorbanjo TDPRI Member

Thanks....yep these are Ron's own pickups....there was a guy playing a Kirn on Youtube.....the guy that builds the straps....he was playing some blues through a fender blues jr.....I loved the tone....I contacted ron and said build me a guitar just like that one.....and he did......I told him I liked a chunky neck with a C shape.....with soft shoulders.....some of my gibson lp reissues have huge shoulders and i don't like it as much as the ones that don't....Ron nailed it....it's the best neck I've ever felt....and that burnished finish is perfect.....the action is incredible.....I got the locking tuners rather than the traditional tele style......and the modern saddle for intonation....and the 4 way switch....I expected a quality instrument....but was blown away by the fit, finish....feel and quality of this guitar.....Loovvvvveeee it.....the Louis Electric is the perfect amp for this thing..it's got a creamy depth to it......it'll get an incredible tone without the ear splitting volume of my 65' blackface twin reverb (not a reissue)...love that one too...but you gotta crank it....

17. 4string

4string Friend of Leo's

Just heard from Ron! Gonna ship on Monday...... WHOO-HOOOOOO....:D

Here's a preview.

One RK Jazz Bass from his '62's specs.
    USACG compound radius neck.
    The pickups are Areo Instrument JB4.
    Leo Quan III bridge, Hipshot Ultralite tuners.

I'll post more pics when it gets here...;)

oboy oboy oboy oboy oboy......

Attached Files:

18. jim_pridx

jim_pridx Tele-Afflicted

Nice looking bass! Congrats!

19. 4string

4string Friend of Leo's

Thanks Jim!

20. Caboose

Caboose Tele-Meister

Well, the wait is almost over... Got the word from Ron that my T-Style will ship next week YEEEE-HAWW!!
    Amber swamp-ash body, birdseye/birdseye Fatback neck, Lollar Alnico 3 pickups, 4-way switch, modern bridge (yeah, I know, I know).

Can't wait. Anybody wanna' buy a mint '09 Am. Dlx??

Here she is. I'll do my best to post some more pix after she's here, although my pictures likely won't hold a candle to Ron's.

Oops, having trouble posting the pic. Will have to do this differently...

Cheers, Dean

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.