1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Ron Kirn’s Templates . . end of an era…

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Ronkirn, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Mbechmann

Mbechmann Friend of Leo's Ad Free + Supporter

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I was looking at a RK thinline template last month and was going to buy it - but decided to wait 1 month. Ron, you gotta help a friend out here... Please... please.... please....

In any case, I as a newcomer to this (4 years ago) reading your advice here is one of the things that helped me build better and better instruments. I will always be grateful for that.

2. koolaide

koolaide Tele-Afflicted

Hey Ron, if you're ever in SC stop by for some Macallan. I won't tell the Doc. (or the Mrs.).;)

Jim

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  3. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity

Jim.. you're on... 18 i'm prayin'.. :cool:

r

4. NotAnotherHobby

NotAnotherHobby Tele-Afflicted

Well...there goes an option on my Christmas lot.

D'OH!

Well I hear there is a thriving market in lasers should it pique your interest.

5. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Phew, for minute there I thought you were going to stop building! Please don't stop that! My RKT is the finest guitar I've ever owned and have a kitty set aside for one of those with horns and contours.

awasson likes this.
  6. bullfrogblues

bullfrogblues Friend of Leo's

Or slide down the coast to Ft. Pierce and I'll have some Balvenie

7. Crafty Fox

Crafty Fox Tele-Afflicted

I didn't know Ron sold templates and I've never heard of Balvenie...........I think I better get out more!!!
    Thanks for all your advice Ron, I too have benefitted from it over the years.
    Cheers

Mbechmann likes this.
  8. Ronkirn

Scotch, at least of the genera we're talkin' about is an acquired taste ... ya don't just chug a dram of Lophraig and go Yummmm.. Some of it can make Hell's Angels whimper....:confused: Saw one take a sip... roll off his Harley,. roll on the ground crying for Mommy...

and FYI . . since Single Malts are becoming the "cool thing" on TV .. they like to do the didactic thing and show normally "weaker characters" ask for Single Malt... I mean . . on TV. . .a Women Detective walks into the bar, ask for a Single Malt, Neat.... well . . that ain't gonna happen . . really.. a Gurl and one that's 5'8" weighs 112 and was a model before getting cast as a SWAT commander.. yeah.... you betcha.. and. . "Neat" doesn't come with any fruit or toys in the glass... kinda eliminates 99% of the "fairer gender"..specially "Scotch, . . . Neat" :lol: . . oh, also Neat.. or plain, no ice, no nuttin'.. is the wrong way to drink Scotch... it's character is released with a "splash" of water... the "pros" ask for Scotch with a splash, or "A" as in one, "rock"...

Once ya advance beyond Cutty, to Chivis, Pinch, JW Red or Black. . (Skip Glenlivet 10 and Glenfiddich 10.. they're not any more "exciting" 'n Chivis...) and wanna "play" in the "big leagues" give Dalmore a go... relatively inexpensive as single malts go, and it doesn't make Drill sergeants tear up... but is a nice step into the unique world of single malts (not all scotch is alike, or even similar so it's a BIG world)...

Lophraig, Caol Ila, Lagavulin, etc, many of the Islays (if the description says Peaty, Smoky think creosote) are for the Black Belts, the 32 degree Masons, the battle seasoned Samurai...and... Coach Gurgis,, (played for the Bears.. mean Sunuvabytch) and Sasquatch, well . . I gave Sasquatch a shot of Laphroaig, he dipped his fuzzy lips in it, cringed, threw it down 'n growled, with tears streaming down his hairy cheeks.., moaning. . "WTF, that ain't funny Ronnie.. damn.... I hope the Gators loose..." well.. Sasquatch got over it and drinks Islays with pride now . . but. . . The Gators lost.. big time... :cry: well .. . . down South, that's not really called loosin', it's called a royal ass whuppin'... I mean ROYAL.. 'cmon August... I love Football, when I ain't hating it... well College football.. Corporate Football is about as interesting as watching Grits boil...:D it's a good thing God gave us scotch....

Oh.. and don't even try to pronounce those names correctly unless you have a double doctorate in Gaelic.. just point. say the one up there, that . . I'dunno is that bruuladdich?? remember.. the Barkeep is 24, really Hot . . and can't say it either....

rk

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  9. JustStartingOut

JustStartingOut Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Down in the park with a friend called Five
    ^^^^ Hey now! This gurl is a bourbon and single malt scotch drinker! Neat on the bourbon (Maker's 46 if you please) and a teeeny splash for the Macallan (well, it's not Glenlivet or Glenfiddich anyway). Not all gurls like drinks with umbrellas ya know ;)

10. zezone

zezone Tele-Meister

I have both a Kirn strat and a set of thinline templates (the masters of which have safely been locked away in an underocean vault in a secret location), so I'm safe :)

But I have to disagree with you there Mr. Kirn. My wife loves Lagavulin 16, and we both love Ardbeg; she's 5'7" and around 110-120 pounds (I'm guessing here, for obvious reasons I never asked), and she'll take those only with a couple of drops of water. She does prefer fancy glasses however.

awasson likes this.
  11. Ronkirn

does she play a Detective on TV? :D
    r

12. Barncaster

Barncaster Doctor of Teleocity

Does she have a sister?

metecem likes this.
  13. zezone

zezone Tele-Meister

Touché

14. zezone

zezone Tele-Meister

Incidentally, yes. But I don't think she likes whiskey much :D

15. Barncaster

Barncaster Doctor of Teleocity

Bourbon?

16. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Rob, you huntin for a woman to get likkered up for some no doubt noble purpose?

And Ron, sorry bout yer arse-whuppin, as a Dawg, not a whole lotta love for Gators, but I'll take Gators over 'bammy any day.

17. zezone

zezone Tele-Meister

More like camomile tea.

18. koolaide

koolaide Tele-Afflicted

"And Ron, sorry bout yer arse-whuppin, as a Dawg, not a whole lotta love for Gators, but I'll take Gators over 'bammy any day."

Sorry Rick, but that post crosses the line, and I therefore must respond:

Dawgs and Gators die, but the TIDE ROLLS on. :D ROLL TIDE!

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread...

19. flyingbanana

flyingbanana Poster Extraordinaire

Crackin this one open in your favor Ron. Thanks to some of your advice back in 08, you steered me into guitar building, and I've been able to make a few people happier, including Walter Trout.

Cheers Ron.

[​IMG]

20. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

Irish is good but......

On a business trip a few years back I had the fortune to drive down the Whiskey Trail in the Highlands of Scotland from Inverness to Aberdeen and made a few stops along the way. I was a kid in a candy store and the 2 co-workers I was with love whiskey as much as I do. If you're ever there don't call it "scotch" like we do here. We passed on the big names like Chivas and Johnnie Walker and found some smaller ones and fell in love with their whiskies. Especially Cragganmore. Got a good education at the same time and thanks to bourbon for the most part their whiskey gets a great flavor from used bourbon barrels.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.