Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2020 -- Who's Going?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Skully, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

The whole Hampton Coliseum show is available on (bootleg) video. It was a closed circuit cable broadcast back in the day, IIRC.

Colo Springs E likes this.
  2. davo8411

davo8411 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Saw them with the wife just this past July in New Orleans. Hoping ticket$ aren’t too pricey for Atlanta.

3. WingedWords

WingedWords Tele-Afflicted

I'm holding on until they play the bandstand in Dartford Park. Their hometown and close to mine. There's a Mick Jagger sculpture (with a Vox amp - another local product) in the park and a plaque in the railway station to commemorate Mick and Keith's first meeting.

20160710_110459.jpg

That Cal Webway, Alamo and marc2211 like this.
  4. stonetone7

stonetone7 Tele-Meister

Saw them on the 50th anniversary tour in Philly, with Mick Taylor, which made for a fairly epic Can’t You Hear Me Knockin.’ Took them several songs for Keith to lock it in, but after that it just got bigger and tighter.

Took my mom, who’s been a fan since 1965. Pretty wild to see a 70-year-old all a’ teeny-boppin’.

5. El Marin

El Marin Tele-Afflicted

I love the Stones, I have the tonge tattoed in my arm. I have been to more than ten Stones gigs... BUT I won't go never again to a Stones show.

I won't pay that amount of money to see a giant screen

6. marc2211

marc2211 Tele-Holic

Saw them in Zurich in Sept 2017 - utterly fantastic gig and experience. Can't recommend them enough - if they were coming back to Europe I'd be going again!

7. bettyseldest

bettyseldest Friend of Leo's

My first ever gig back in 73 was to see Ronnie in his previous band, you know the better one with that singer. I wonder what happened to him, he was a great singer. Tickets were about a quid, I caught the Dewsbury to Leeds bus, dropped me right outside the venue and on the way back stopped at the fish n chip shop. Too late for the last bus home so walked the seven miles with my mates.

I don't think I will be going to see the Stones.

SnidelyWhiplash likes this.
  8. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Who can afford mainstream concert tix in 2020 anymore? I blew my summer concert budget on Journey/Pretenders tix, and likely will not subject ourselves to staying for Journey.

9. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

I've listened to them since the release of England's Hit Makers ( was the it? 1964) The Rolling Stones Now, Exiles on Main Street a favorite. et al so I do like their music, I find the capering self inflated singer tedious and wish the Jaguar would stay in his counting house counting all his money.
    The cult of personality around the stones is disheartening, I wonder, aren't there, isn't there, couldn't there be just maybe,o_O someone else to fawn over. I like Noam Chomsky so I actually like a public figure or two, Chris Hedges , Arundhati Roy. I like to look at
    :rolleyes:Monica Bellucci, and Sofia Loren. I like their acting as well. :twisted:
    AND... I sincerely hope that you and your wife have a wonderful time, and have tales to tell in the future:D

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  10. Skully

The cult of personality surrounding Keith Richards' less savory behaviors can be tiresome, but the band has earned their position with a large catalog of great songs and a long history of great performances. Why shouldn't Jagger being doing it as long as he can still put on a great performance?

Alamo and ping-ping-clicka like this.
  11. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Friend of Leo's

I saw them when they were young. Age hasn't really improved them. :)

Larmo63 likes this.
  12. Askwhy

Askwhy Tele-Meister

I've seen them a few times over the years and they always put on a great show. No interest in going to watch a sea of iphones recording a giant screen. If i were going, i would get great seats and forgo some other shows but my preference now is for venue over band and i like smaller with no screens.

13. davo8411

davo8411 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Oh well. $395 for basically the same seats I had in New Orleans in July for $99. I guess I won't be going. Not counting the rear general admission standing area, anything on the floor is $500 and up.

14. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

All of the above are true like I said I have faithfully listento to "THE STONES " since 1964
    My comments regarding the Jaguars live performance antics to me and this is only my humble opinion, is as grotesque as watching the vampire creature in https://www.specimenproducts.com/product/marmitecaster/doing an impression of Mick Jagger. This is my only my opinion based on watching his filmed performances of recent years. It is my response to watching and it is a very subjective opinion.

I would not be surprised if Keef and the Jaguar appeared on the cover of Men's Health magazine or Simple Living Magazine.

https://www.specimenproducts.com/product/marmitecaster/

15. alnico357

alnico357 Tele-Holic

I got free tickets for Nashville around 1971. Hard to pay big $$ for what you got free.

16. Axegrinder77

Axegrinder77 Tele-Holic

Got those rear general admission tix. Best value for sure . Better than any seats in the stadium except the closer ones on the field. First stones concert! Pretty exciting!

Skully likes this.
  17. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

I remember when the 89-90 tour was supposed to be our last chance to see them. Eventually it will be.

I grew up listening to the Stones in the late 60s and early 70s as a kid. They were my nursery rhymes along with the Beatles, Jefferson Airplane, and CSN&Y.

The idea of paying hundreds of dollars to be herded around in a stadium, exposed to the under immunized throngs, watching a large screen projection through binoculars, and listening to mediocre renditions of childhood favorites through a PA system designed for large sporting events...

Somewhere along the line, the whole thing lost its luster.

Some might say that I'm just too old.

I'd say, older and wiser.

Ps. Sorry for stepping on this thread. It wasn't my original intention, but that's exactly what i did. I'm grumpy too. Hope those who go have a great time.

notmyusualuserid likes this.
  18. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

Is anyone of you semi-interested :D people trying to score Lucky Dip tickets?
    I think you should, LD tix are sold in pairs! at a price you can resist. ;)

19. Skully

I can understand not wanting to pay and not wanting to go. For many years, I was content to watch the concert videos, both official and bootleg. I have many from over the decades, the vast bulk of them from 1989 onward. Although Richards is looking a bit doddering these days, the renditions are not mediocre and the sound is truly outstanding. Perhaps Keith is more focused now that A) he's not drinking like he used to, nor is Ronnie, and B) he can't move like he used to.

My driving motivation to see them in August was to give my kids the chance to see them live. This time, I'm going because I really enjoyed in last time -- much more than I did in '89, '94 and '97. Perhaps the array of giant video screens help.

JayFreddy likes this.
  20. staxman

staxman Tele-Holic

I'm no Stones fanatic, but I must say they are definitely on my list of best live music performances I've ever attended--and I've seen many, let me tell you. Last time I saw them was in nose-bleed seats in the crappy Tacoma Dome--it was a blast! Think how many times you've heard "Satisfaction" and how many more times The Stones have played it. They had everyone up on their feet at the encore singing that warhorse like it was a brand new hit and grinning from ear to ear. They ARE Rock n' Roll--period. (Admittedly, the cheap seats were $50 at that time/place).

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    Alamo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.