Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2020 -- Who's Going?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Skully, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

I surprised myself this morning and bought a pair of tickets to the Rolling Stones show in San Diego on May 8. I saw them at the Rose Bowl with my wife and two daughters back in August. It was my first Stones show in 22 years, my worst seats, and my best experience. I wanted my daughters to have the experience of seeing the Rolling Stones live. With that accomplished, this time out, I just purchased a pair of tickets for me and my wife. Now, we have to book a hotel room.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  2. Bellacaster

Bellacaster Tele-Afflicted

I'm going to see them June 10th in Detroit! My good friend got the tickets this morning. I've seen them twice previously, but it's been about 14 or 15 years since the last time...pun intended. I can't wait!

duzie and Deathray like this.
  3. Goldenshellback

Goldenshellback Tele-Meister

I saw the Stones in 1980 at the Louisiana Super Dome. There were two opening acts. Peter Tosh followed by George Thorogood and the Destroyers. George Thorogood stole the show. I’ll pass on this tour.

ce24 and JayFreddy like this.
  4. Guitardvark

Guitardvark Tele-Holic

they quit coming to toyota center in houston some time ago and i dont buy tickets to anything any more :).

if they dont come see me I dont see them

5. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

My wife just booked a hotel and the cost should be covered by points from work. This is turning out to be a lot cheaper than our excursion to the Rose Bowl. I spent a lot more on tickets and I had to pay $45 for parking.

6. Jim622

Jim622 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I saw that tour in Philly. George made them look bad also.

7. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

I'm surprised my daughter hasn't brought it up yet. She was surprised and jealous about my seeing them with VIP seats at Candlestick Park in 1981.

The 1981 experience was a surprise for me too. A platonic friend won a first class trip with airfare, hotel, a rental car and the VIP seats. She didn't want to take a questionable date or someone she could not trust and also did not want to do it as a woman alone so asked me. It was super fun to do it all as a date that was not really a date.

SnidelyWhiplash and Skully like this.
  8. Nubs

Nubs Friend of Leo's

I would love to go see them, but I'm not taking out a loan to buy tickets.

9. dkmw

dkmw Friend of Leo's

I got my tix for Tampa. My buddy said he could only afford $250, so I got us the best I could for those $.

I had better seats for the 2015 show in Orlando and last August’s epic show in Miami. But at least we’re not in the nosebleed area:lol:

I need to save money too, but those pit tickets for just under a grand were calling my name while I was shopping:eek:
    Saving the money for tires and track time for the Boxster:)

10. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Saw them in 1981 at Wembley Stadium, but havent been to a show since. As much as I love them, I've always had something in the way when they do a show. I might try again this year.

11. blackbelt308

blackbelt308 Tele-Holic

Me! June 19th in Cleveland!

Last time was also in Cleveland: July 1, 1978 "World Series of Rock, Game 1" with Peter Tosh & Kansas. Lots of "Some Girls"!

12. pondcaster

pondcaster Poster Extraordinaire

In for Charlotte!

13. jimgchord

jimgchord Tele-Afflicted

Buffalo

14. Tony Forman

Tony Forman Tele-Meister

I've seen the Rolling Stones once before. I don't need to see them again. Come to think about it, if I were never to hear another Rolling Stones song in my life again I would be OK with that.

15. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

I’ve invited them to come to St Croix several times but it just doesn’t happen. Maybe, if I ask again, with the manic word they’ll change their minds.
    Hell if they showed up I’d try to get a spot for them to do 2-3 tunes at the open mic/jam at Castaways on Thursday

Treynor and dkmw like this.
  16. Pointmonger

Pointmonger Tele-Afflicted

My last time seeing them was at Zilker Park in Austin, 2006. Bumped into Ronnie immediately after entering the gate. He was having them let someone in. It was such a good night, I don't want to diminish it, so I'm out.

17. dkmw

dkmw Friend of Leo's

You are so thoughtful. Going to the open mic might be the break they’ve been looking for. Then they could make something of themselves, perhaps become a global phenomena.

18. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I saw them on that tour, but no Peter Tosh. Thorogood most definitely did not steal the show I saw, but we didn't know he was going to open, so it was kind of cool. Never been a big fan, but he was good to open for them. A couple of the songs from that concert (hampton rhodes va) wound up on Still Life I believe.

I don't have any interest in seeing the Stones anymore, or large concerts and/or classic rock era bands in general. I'm more into local and/or less established bands at small venues.

I continue to hear they put on good shows, it's just of no interest to me. Hope everyone going to see them has fun!

SnidelyWhiplash and Skully like this.
  19. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

Not me. I saw them in St. Louis back in the mid 90’s so I’ve already crossed them off of my bucket list.

20. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Wife and brother-in-law and some friends of theirs are going. I will just be chauffeur - it's not worth $400 to me. For that matter, it's not worth what ticket prices go for to me. They are only going to play war horses anyhow.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.