Rolling bender question

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by dan.biscombe, Oct 3, 2019.

1. dan.biscombe

dan.biscombe TDPRI Member

Hi all- just received my shiny new rolling bender through the post- can anyone advise how important it is/isn’t to use threadlock on the various screws involved in installation?

2. RollingBender

RollingBender Tele-Afflicted Vendor Member

For the high and low stop screws, it is absolutely necessary...without it, the vibrating string will cause them to “wander” and you will lose pitch accuracy. Once the stops are adjusted, you shouldn’t need to mess with them unless you make other setup adjustments or change string gauge. Sort of the same thing for the lock-down screws but to a lesser degree. For the height adjustment screws, they shouldn’t need it if the lock-down screws are snug but I put a bit on them too just for good measure. I put a bit on all the screws (except for the mounting screw) when I assemble them.

Pineears and brookdalebill like this.
  3. dan.biscombe

dan.biscombe TDPRI Member

Ok, cool- thanks for the reply! Looking forward to getting it set up today

4. mfguitar

mfguitar Tele-Holic

Make sure to use "blue" and not "red". The rolling bender is a cool piece of hardware, I love it!

5. RollingBender

RollingBender Tele-Afflicted Vendor Member

YES!!

Another “trick”... just the smallest amount of LocTite is all you need. 45min to an hour after you put the LocTite on the screw and install it, crack it loose a half turn and back...this makes it so the screw can still be turned with the Allen wrench later.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.