Rolling Bender Palm Lever MOD

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by T Prior, Sep 30, 2018.

1. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

After installing this excellent palm lever to pull the B string, I got to thinking. Sometimes a dangerous thing !

Why not add a right angle extension so that the right hand palm has a bit more "meat" to grab.

I didn't have any BRASS stock but did have some Aluminum 1/4 round stock for sample #1

The extension is about 1-1/2 inches long, is drilled and threaded to 6-32 and is secured thru the already available cable pull loop on the Rolling Bender Lever. I did have to drill that out ever so slightly to 7/64 to accommodate the 6-32 screw.

The right angle extension is secured to the Palm lever and allows for the right hand to have more access for a more comfortable / positive feel.

I'll play with this for a bit and then maybe later on make one out of Brass. But already it's a plus for me. I'm not moving my right hand to FIND the palm lever, it's "already there"

The good folks at Rolling Bender may want to consider an add on to the already excellent piece. Maybe they already considered it, who knows. If they didn't and they like it, they can thank me , or something ! :)

This part took about 15 min to make, but I had all the right stuff in the workshop to do it.

After messing with this guitar for the last 30 min, it's highly possible it will become the #1 Bender guitar over the Fender Parsons Green strap puller guitar which I also like . The right angle extension for me makes a big difference.

enjoy...or not ! Or ignore it...!

IMG_8959.JPG

IMG_8961.JPG

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    telex76 and milocj like this.
  2. RollingBender

RollingBender Tele-Afflicted

That’s way cool.!!! Let’s call it the “T Prior Mod”

Chet Johnson likes this.
  3. T Prior

Ha ! Not only WAY COOL but very functional as well ! :)

4. telesavant

telesavant Tele-Holic

Nice Tony!!...I did one a while back... slight direction difference, longer extension to under the elbow...takes the wrist motion out of it, freeing up the right hand for picking stuff. Can and should be detachable.
    ...Paulie...

T Prior likes this.
  5. T Prior

Paul, HA! Why am I not shocked that you've already "been here done that" ! :)

I may make a new part out of polished brass , slightly longer ( 1/2 " ) and maybe angled just a tad toward the tray but tapping that piece may be difficult for me with 1/4 stock. Maybe a slight curve of the extension will suffice.

even in retirement, engineering minds don't take a day off ! I think it' s a curse ! :eek:

THX !

Tony

tubegeek and telesavant like this.
  6. kcswingmaster

kcswingmaster TDPRI Member

Got any pics of this? Thanks

7. T Prior

yeah way above !

I have since sold the Rolling Bender in favor of another B Bender Guitar. Don't get me wrong, it s a fine well made unit, very functional and accurate.

tp

8. kcswingmaster

kcswingmaster TDPRI Member

Thanks... I did see yours....and your pic correlated to my way of thinking.... and the reason I just ordered a Rolling.... i'll prob try and make a long extension as Telesavant stated - would also like to see pic of that one if possible...........

9. J. Hayes

J. Hayes Friend of Leo's

I don't like it and it seems uneccessary......! I have about 5 or 6 Rolling Benders of which all except 1 are used as G benders along with my P/W, Forrest Lee, McEwan and other. I use one of the Rolling(s) as a B-bender on my leather covered "waylon" Tele. I like 'em just as they are................JH in Va.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.