Roland Jazz Chorus Club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Jack, Jan 29, 2010.

1. ftbtx

ftbtx Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

I guess I have a stutter.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  2. ftbtx

ftbtx Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Wow!!! That sounds awesome, thank you! Great playing!!
    I wound up picking up a JC77 and 22. Looking forward to seeing what I can get out of them.

3. pulteney

pulteney Tele-Meister

Thanks! Guess what, I sold the JC120 soon after finishing recording that album. Too bulky. After a few years I was really missing it so I bought myself a JC77. It's a phenomenal amp, everything I love about the JC120 but sooo much lighter. Congrats on your buy, have a great time with it!

The only thing, JC77s don't have an FX loop, right? Unfortunately, that'll somehow affect the sound of your SansAmp or whatever pre-amp you use. Don't get me wrong, it will sound good, just not as good as in the JC120 fx loop. If I remember well, Roland alternatives to a JC77 but with an FX loop were JC85s perhaps and JC90s (off the top of my head), but they're not as iconic as the JC77.

Unlike big brother JC120, the 77 has a usable distortion–yes!–just perfect for noise/punk/new wave, and adjustable chorus/vibrato, too. I think it's a PHENOMENAL amp, I still have it and won't part with it, ever.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    ftbtx likes this.
  4. ElRay

ElRay TDPRI Member

Apologies if this isn’t the best place to post this.

We’re looking at getting some form of a JC because offspring #2 is really, really, really finding their place in the school Jazz Band. The school’s performance amp just died and my old Crate Two-Tone GFX has been camping out at school.

The new-ish JC-22 seems good for home practice, but will it hold-up in “school auditorium” sized venues? What about the 40?

Also, I love the two independent channels of the Crate, but it looks like JC sums the two inputs in or immediately after the preamp. Also, the effects loop is mono-out and stereo-in, so I’m assuming the chorus/reverb is applied after the effects loop, equally to the right and left channels. Correct?

5. ElRay

ElRay TDPRI Member

I found a block diagram for the JC-40. The two channels are kept separate internally. Only the output to the effects loop is summed and the “Spatial Chorus” is applied to the right channel.

So, that would be interesting if it was used like my old Crate Two-Tone.

... but that also means that the JC-40 would also be good as a power amp and cabinet for a modeler, if the chorus, etc. were turned off.

Now to see if the JC-22 is the same.

6. Classicrock

Classicrock TDPRI Member

Hello New to the forum, new to Telecasters as well but they seem to be the guitar I was always meant to play. I'm a clean freak when it comes to my guitar sound and hardly have use for OD or distortion. A couple of years ago I picked up a JC55 at a pawn shop for a great price and it always comes on stage with me when I'm playing my Epi Joe Pass Emperor. Now that I have Tele's, I would tend to play them through my old workhorse tweed Peavey Classic 30. I've heard a lot about the new JC40's and I'm wondering if it would be an upgrade from the JC55? You don't hear much about the 55 but I really like mine. It sounds amazing with the Epi hollow body plugged in. I played through a 120 many years ago and always wanted one but now a days my back says I need something lighter!

[​IMG]

7. Miguel-martinez

Miguel-martinez TDPRI Member

amazing amps, thanks for creating this

8. Anacharsis

Anacharsis Tele-Meister

I love my JC-22 and JC-40. There stereo inputs really open up some cool possibilities. They sound great - the 40 a little fuller due to the bigger speakers.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.