Roland Cube Club (all models)

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Swee_tone, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Swee_tone

Swee_tone Tele-Holic

Welcome Cube owners!

From the Micro Cube To the Cube 80 XL, the old Blues Cube to future Cubes....

This is the place to discuss Roland Cubes!

Your favorite settings, where you've played them, what you have recorded with them... anything!

I recently bought a Cube 40XL, but owned a Cube 30 years ago. I bought it not just because of the good tones and sounds I can get out it, but also for it's high standard of reliability and durability.

Join in! :D

2. Boblets

Boblets Friend of Leo's

I have a Cube 80X. I find it to be a versatile amp that is easy to transport and to get a wide variety of tones. I use the more sedate amp models like the DLX Combo, Black Panel and Tweed on low gain settings. The digital effects are pretty good for built in ones.

I like the dynamics of this amp where it is sensitive to one's attack, similar to a valve amp. It suits solid body, hollow and semi hollow and acoustic guitars. The line out for recording works well into my Novation Nio 2/4 interface.

When I bought this amp I also had it in mind to get a Laney Cub 15R as a smaller dimensioned, light valve amp that would be easier to carry. I'm not so sure that I need one at the moment as the Cube does such a good job.

4seven3 likes this.
  3. Sixwire

Sixwire Tele-Meister

My Micro Cube is an amazing little amp. Great for small settings. Amazing how loud it can be. Battery life is really long for AAs. I use rechargables. Good busking amp.

2 Headed Goat likes this.
  4. flag72

flag72 Tele-Afflicted

hey Swee tone
    Im in...lol.this thing as been doing great for me and as cured my amp GAZ ;0)
    [​IMG]

5. rsclosson

rsclosson Tele-Afflicted

I have both a Cube 30 and an old Cube 60.

6. Hiker

Hiker Poster Extraordinaire

I'm in...Roland Bass Cube CB-30, it's a great 'bass' practice amp that will play loud enough to shake the windows, and annoy the next door neighbors, headphone jack-included!

7. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

I grabbed a Micro Cube, for dragging all over the house and out on the porch. Amazingly big and rich sound for a tiny amp.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
    howardlo likes this.
  8. Flatfoot

Flatfoot Tele-Meister

I am currently using a Cube 60 as my church-gig amp. It is very versatile and easy to move - something that becomes increasingly important as I age!

9. KeefRiffhard

KeefRiffhard Tele-Meister

I'm in! Just picked up a Cube 80X a short while ago and so far have been very pleased with it. Nice variety of tones and effects and of course, that great Roland clean sound.
    It's a keeper.

10. jefcon1

jefcon1 Tele-Meister

I bought myself a Cube Street for Christmas. I love that little thing. I call it my JC-5 because of the stereo chorus. I use it as a mini PA/acoustic amp at church and I drag it all over the house for practice. The Cube Street is probably my favorite advancement in guitar technology since the Boss DD2.

djh22 and leonard d rock like this.
  11. RevMike

RevMike Poster Extraordinaire

I have a BC-30. I like it very much. I may still be selling it soon however. I really want another Deluxe or Vibrolux. So therefore, pretty much every amp I own except my Blues Jr. will have to go.

12. Tony474

Tony474 Poster Extraordinaire

At present I have a modern Cube 60 (my main gigging amp), a Cube 20X, a BC-60 Blues Cube 1 x 12 and a (COSM) Bass Cube 100. Not long ago I very reluctantly sold my 3 x 10 Blues Cube (needed the space) and many years ago I had one of the orange 100-watt cubes from the original series - still regret parting with that one. Seriously great amps, all of them. My best buddy, a pro player, has a Cube 60 too, and also a Micro Cube, with which he and I are both extremely impressed.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  13. buckfuzzard

buckfuzzard Tele-Meister

I love my Street Cube,, awesome little amp / small PA.. I use it mostly for Acoustic Guitar and a Vocal Mic as a small PA.. it sounds much bigger then it looks and much bigger then the wattage specs.. and battery powered is a giant plus ....

14. Togman

Togman Tele-Afflicted

I've had my Cube 30 for 7 years now - incredible amp for its physical size. I need to look at the new series though to see what the 12" speaker sounds like in the higher-end models. Just curious....

Here's a pic of my set-up with my '68 Tele.

[​IMG]

15. Swee_tone

Swee_tone Tele-Holic

Nice little rig there T! What's the little board there?
    You might want to take the 40XL for a test drive too! I'm loving it!

16. Togman

Togman Tele-Afflicted

The two small footswiches are for turning the effects on/off and switching channels.

17. 9irontele

9irontele Tele-Meister

I have a cube 60 that I got for Jazz....great for so much more. Loves my pedalboard and is portable .........and really, has there ever been a quieter and tougher amp produced?

18. edmidlifecrisis

edmidlifecrisis TDPRI Member

My son and I use a microcube, it's great. I keep it on the screen porch sometimes and it's great to bring almost anywhere. I want a bass cube next.

19. MSquier

MSquier TDPRI Member

I have a Micro Cube with the single speaker, I like it, lots of fun. Goes forever on a set of batteries, which is good because I can't find my wall plug.

20. Psyclone

Psyclone Tele-Meister

Cube 30 here. I am a big fan of these amps. Loud enough to gig with and once the drummer starts, nobody knows it's not a tube amp.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.