Roland cube 10-gx or the Blackstar ID Core 10 v2

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by Karlo, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Karlo

Karlo NEW MEMBER!

Im looking for a bedroom amp and I was wondering which is better for a maybe guns n roses and jimi Hendrix

2. TX_Slinger

TX_Slinger TDPRI Member

Had the 40w version of that Blackstar. Should do both with no problem but make sure you use a PC to build your patches. The panel on the amp is really just for tweaking, not for tone building.

3. Fretting out

Fretting out Friend of Leo's

I have an ID core 10 , not sure which version but it’s probably 6 years old, if the cube has good EQ, for example more than one knob get that.

I just can’t get the ID to have the tone I want especially with the single “tone” knob, my boss katana mini sounds better and is just about as loud with a 3 band eq.

As far as cubes I’ve heard good things but never tried one I wouldn’t recommend a small blackstar to anyone

(I’ve never plugged my computer into my blackstar and wouldn’t know where to start)

4. TX_Slinger

TX_Slinger TDPRI Member

You open up a world of functionality by connecting it and i would say its pointless to own one if you dont plan on using the PC interface. The Vox VT and VT+ series are the only modeling amps i know of that you can build great tones on without a PC connected. It just gives you a graphic interface that looks like your effects are laid out on the floor. Couldn't be simpler[​IMG]

Fretting out likes this.
  5. jageya

jageya Tele-Holic

i had an id core 40 which is the largest of the id core and it was cool..i never should have sold that to mess with.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.