Roland brings back the BLUESCUBE amps!

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by bluescube, Jul 15, 2014.

1. bluescube

bluescube Friend of Leo's

Woot!

I may be selling my Classic 30 and get this for home use. Not sure if they are still analog though...

http://www.rolandus.com/products/details/1328/478

\\
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tele-phone man

Tele-phone man Tele-Afflicted

From the description, I suspect this uses modeling technology. It probably has a modern switch-mode power supply for lower weight. Probably nothing like the original Blues Cube amps.

By the way, I did a head-to-head last year with my C30 and a Bluescube 310. The Peavey won hands-down.

3. perttime

perttime Tele-Afflicted

It does have a USB output for recording - but otherwise the controls don't suggest that there's software involved.

At least previously, "Tube Logic" referred to emulating, not modeling, the feel of tube amps.

In the manual of another Roland product, it says: "... Tube Logic technology "HOT" which relies on Roland's expertise in analog electronic technology..."

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  4. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Having an older BC 60 I'll be interested to see how the new ones stack up. From the description it sounds like they're using the same analog approach did with the originals. They've made some changes in the overall design but not in their approach I think.

The GA Series were a different breed of modeling amp and that series fell flat on it's face. MF is closing them out at $300 for the 100w 1 x12 and $400 for the 200w 2x12. I have my doubts they'd take another shot at that approach. This fits in more with the Jazz Chorus amps.

These were great 90s vintage amps and very popular as club amps to compete with a DR or Peavey Classics and they did that very well. I can't believe Roland would depart much from what was successful before. Not when they already have a successful line of digital modeling amps.

I'm glad to see them return to this idea and it'll be interesting to see if they're able to revive interest in them again. Nice ones aren't easy to come by on the used market.

5. kend

kend Tele-Meister

Very enticing to me.
    If they have kept it close to original, and not used some form of COSM, i'm very interested. The power scale knob has me wondering ...
    It'll also be interesting to see what these go for $ .

6. tlimbert65

tlimbert65 Tele-Afflicted

If this is in the direction of the Tech 21 analog modeling stuff, I'm interested. I would think, though, that they would have made that very clear if it were all analog. And the USB port is suspicious. Why use a USB port if it isn't connected to a computer inside?

7. Sideways Jaye

Sideways Jaye Tele-Meister

Question for anybody: on the left hand side of the view of the back panel of the 60, under "Footswitch" it says, "Tip: Tremolo, Ring: EFX Loop," yet nowhere is tremolo mentioned as a built in effect. Anyone got a clue on this?

8. perttime

perttime Tele-Afflicted

There's two models: Artist and Stage

The Artist Model has:
    "Onboard high-quality reverb and tremolo effects with vintage sound character, plus effects loop for external devices"

and the Stage has:
    "Onboard high-quality reverb"

9. Sideways Jaye

Sideways Jaye Tele-Meister

Sorry, I see that now, Artist is the Cube 80.

10. soulman969

Reports from a member in the UK says they're showing there at $626 USD equivalent for the Stage model and $854 USD equivalent for the Artist model. That one is pushing it a bit.

11. Jeff_K

Jeff_K Friend of Leo's

When this hits the sales floor, Peavey is going to sell a lot more Bandits.

12. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

No 3x10?

I really suspect they are just recycling the name.

13. BigDaddyLH

Looking at their web site, I wonder why they brought out *two* 1x12" Blues Cube combos, the 60W Stage:

[​IMG]

And the 80W Artist:

[​IMG]

Not that different at first glance to justify releasing both at the same time, eh?

14. BigDaddyLH

And I wonder if they arbitrarily made the Artist that much bigger just to distinguish it. The cab looks like it was meant to be 2x10"

[​IMG]

15. soulman969

Tremolo, presence control and 20w more output don't seem to justify $200+ more in price but then again Roland has always had strange ideas about pricing structure. Look at the cost difference between a Cube 40gx and a Cube 80gx. Same with their bass amps.

I'd have rather seen them do just one with the features of the Artist and list it for $100 more. They want to sell the Artist model but needed the Stage model to compete in price with a Tech 21 Trademark 60 is my guess. My question is whether or not it's all analog like the original.

It'll be interesting to see how the market treats these offerings. Roland got the crap kicked out of them with their GA Series Amps but if these are true to the originals they should sell much better. Hell of a good amp.

16. Johnny Cache

Johnny Cache Former Member

As much as I like my old Roland amp, I can't see selling a Classic 30 to get a modeling amp. No way.

17. Kitty

Kitty Tele-Meister

18. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

What is the point of selectable output wattage for a solid state amp with master volume?

19. perttime

perttime Tele-Afflicted

From experience: a 75W solidstate amp with master volume may take very fine adjustment and some trial and error to get the sound level good for home use.

A few wattage levels could make precise adjustment easier.

20. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

It would be nice if they'd have traded that 0.5 Watt setting for a 120 watt setting.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.