Roland Blues Cube Fan Club

stax

Tele-Afflicted
Thanks Tony I'd appreciate that document.
It was going fine all night right up to the last number no crackling, noise etc.
I've just had the amp on the bench and the power amp through the effects loop is working so I'll take both the channel boards out later and test what I can and see if I can spot anything obvious before heading off to to Southend again to my repair place.
I seem to be having a run of bad luck recently, new reverb pan in the Tech 21 then the PA played up last week and no chance of getting spares and now
this.

stax

Tele-Afflicted
Quick update on my faulty BC60.
Couldn't see any obvious problems on the board so I just re-flowed the solder joints on the input jack and it burst into life, seems like not all of us use some sort of strain relief on cables.
Nearly bottled out of using it last night as it was quite an important gig but it got through the best part of two hours unmiked in a fair size venue with no problems so hopefully that has sorted it.

Tony474

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
That's good news and I hope the fix turns out to be permanent. It may be teaching Grandad to suck eggs, but one way to avoid unwanted stress on input jacks like the Roland ones is always to use a right-angled plug at the amp's input socket. Doesn't hurt to loop the lead through the handle too, or on the COSM Cubes to wind it once loosely around the hooks at the back.

soulman969

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Plenty of buyers would be willing to pay for shipping... Assuming it were a reasonable cost, i.e. actual shipping charges plus $20-25 for packing materials and time. I don't think any buyer begrudges a reasonable shipping cost - the key word being reasonable - Nor do they expect free shipping.

Don't you think you're limiting your audience? It's not like it would be an out of pocket expense to you...

Just curious...

Just to add - Did a quick FedEx quote, using 50 pounds (Roland specs at 43) and from NY to LA, coast to coast, $69, ground rate...

That's about what I expected too. It's a little less to say the midwest or the south but not all that much.

I don't think it's the cost of the shipping per se but rather the net cost to the buyer including the shipping. That's the way I look at it when I'm buying something from afar and shipping isn't free. To me it's a part and parcel of the overall cost if I'm paying it no matter whose getting it.

soulman969

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Quick update on my faulty BC60.
Couldn't see any obvious problems on the board so I just re-flowed the solder joints on the input jack and it burst into life, seems like not all of us use some sort of strain relief on cables.
Nearly bottled out of using it last night as it was quite an important gig but it got through the best part of two hours unmiked in a fair size venue with no problems so hopefully that has sorted it.

I was just catching up with these posts and the input jack was the first thing that popped into my mind because Tony has mentioned that before as being one of the weak spots with these amps. A handful of others have had problems in that area as well.

Glad to hear you did get it sorted out and back in service. It seems that with the exception of those jacks these things are pretty damn bullet proof especially given their age. When I'm not using my AB/Y box I've taken the advice Tony offers as well and began using angled plugs with both of mine.

Better safe then sorry. It had to be very frustrating to lose the amp while the gig was still going on.

schenkadere

Friend of Leo's
So guys, I'm leaving the club. My amp sold and went to a new home. I'm now the proud owner of a new Cube 40 GX and very happy. It suits my playing and size requirements much better. Still a big Roland fan, just hopping over to the other Cube club. ;)

Tony474

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
^^^ You're dead to us now!! Just kidding; I hope you got a decent price for the Blues Cube and that the home it went to was a good, appreciative one. Congratulations on the new amp - the COSM Cubes are excellent and at least you're keeping it in the family.

soulman969

Telefied
Ad Free Member
So guys, I'm leaving the club. My amp sold and went to a new home. I'm now the proud owner of a new Cube 40 GX and very happy. It suits my playing and size requirements much better. Still a big Roland fan, just hopping over to the other Cube club. ;)

There ya' go. Like I said it just takes a little time and eventually the right buyer comes along. Where you able to get a local buyer or did you have to ship it?

The 40w Cubes are great little amps. I'm very happy that I have both because that 40xl I have is tremendously versatile and it's a great tote and go amp that weighs half what my BC60 does and fits anywhere.

I've been using it for those duo gigs I've done and between the Acoustic Sim model and the Dyna-amp I can cover all that I need for those gigs and our rehearsals.

schenkadere

Friend of Leo's
I ended up shipping it. I got $345 and $45 shipping. Wasn't too jazzed about that but I'm happy with the 40GX...suits by space and needs much better.

soulman969

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Just bought an old BC 3x10......Will i be disappointed?

I'd definitely tell you no but you need to ask Tony. He sold one some years back and still wishes he hadn't. He's on the site now so maybe he'll respond.

Tony474
Poster Extraordinaire

soulman969

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I ended up shipping it. I got $345 and $45 shipping. Wasn't too jazzed about that but I'm happy with the 40GX...suits by space and needs much better.

Well at least you got close to your asking price and hopefully covered all of your shipping costs. Given that discounting through online dealers is so common place now it's pretty typical to expect some bargaining even on used gear thats fairly priced.

It seems there are only two choices really. Either you price it high and sit with it for awhile before a bargaining buyer comes along or you price it slightly below FMV stating this and saying that your price is firm. You'll still get lower offers but less of them, haha. It is what it is. :D

Tony474

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
I'd definitely tell you no but you need to ask Tony.

You rang, sir? :D

If you're not happy with the BC-60 3x10 I'll be astonished. It's a big beastie for sure, but it really does make a lovely noise. It was only with the greatest possible reluctance that I sold mine, but then I also had the 1x12 version which I still own and love to this day. Since I also possess umpteen other amps, physical space in my home was a problem, so I took the heart-wrenching decision to move the 3x10 on to where I hope it was equally appreciated.

Our good friend Stax also has a BC-60 3x10, so I expect he may well comment in due course.

flinx

Tele-Meister
Thank you for the comment...I have a BC 60 and a BC 30 2X10....Happy with both....For some reason i just love these amps....I hope they will be well desired classics one day! I do like alot of clean headroom...so i am thinking this may satisfy me :)

soulman969

Telefied
Ad Free Member
You rang, sir? :D

If you're not happy with the BC-60 3x10 I'll be astonished. It's a big beastie for sure, but it really does make a lovely noise. It was only with the greatest possible reluctance that I sold mine, but then I also had the 1x12 version which I still own and love to this day. Since I also possess umpteen other amps, physical space in my home was a problem, so I took the heart-wrenching decision to move the 3x10 on to where I hope it was equally appreciated.

Our good friend Stax also has a BC-60 3x10, so I expect he may well comment in due course.

Yes as a matter of fact I did and this place is both faster and cheaper than a transatlantic call. Glad you were home to pick up. :D LOL

soulman969

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Thank you for the comment...I have a BC 60 and a BC 30 2X10....Happy with both....For some reason i just love these amps....I hope they will be well desired classics one day! I do like alot of clean headroom...so i am thinking this may satisfy me :)

Oh hell three of them you say? Stop it, stop it, you're making me feel less than completely whole. ;) LOL

Now this is what I call a serious Blues Cube fan! :D

ibis

TDPRI Member
Hi, I have a BC60 3x10 that I'm wedded to for gigging. Great sounds in the studio too, but I mainly use it as a pedal platform live. Great tone, great spread, ultra reliable and just about light enough to hump in and out the house. It's better with casters on it! You won't be disappointed.